Deciding between 4 lbs. density vs 5 lbs. memory foam topper to relieve shoulder/hip discomfort
Aug 16, 2014 4:44 AM
It's been a good while since I've posted here! I'm still happy with my talalay latex/spring/high density poly foam combination zippered mattress.

But I notice as I'm getting older, I'm starting to feel pain on my shoulders and hips when I sleep for too long on my side. I constantly have to turn. I also can't sleep on my back for too long or I get lower back pain. I know it's arthritis because I get very stiff from sitting for long periods of time, as well as when I get up from bed in the morning. Extra weight doesn't help, either, I'm sure. :/ So, I was thinking a 2 inch foam topper might help. What do you think of the 5 lbs. vs the 4bs. density? I was also thinking that 3 inches might make me sink in too much. So would a 2 inch suffice? Would you recommend FoamByMail for this? Also, would the 5 lbs. density be soft enough for side sleeping without compromising support? And maybe easier for my lower back? I don't want to sink in too deeply. Any advice and tips will help! Would a 4 lbs. density work fine?

Thanks.

http://www.foambymail.com/V_5/5lb-memory-foam-topper.html
This message was modified Aug 16, 2014 by BeddyBye

Recent Posts