Costco competes in the high end memory foam market - Costco onsite Reviews - why some people mislead?
Sep 8, 2010 1:05 PM
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11531519&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|62415&N=4033408&Mo=30&No=5&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=67412&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&topnav=#BVRRWidgetID

txrunner1972
Date: June 1, 2010

Amazing Bed!
Pros: sleep quality
Cons: none
Model Number: 14.5 memory foam mattress
"Well constructed, beautiful and sleeps like a dream. Forget all your concerns and just buy it. This will be the best choice you have ever made in bedding. the mattress is firm yet yielding, and does not retain heat as I was concerned about. The Foundation is solid, and without any squeaks or groans at all. Delivery was perfect and the delivery guys went WAY above and beyond, explaining the foundation, and watching the doors, walls, and even ceiling fans to prevent scratches!"

Sleep Science is using the same metal foundation with shoddy cosntrcution and big huge gaps one almost 4 feet wide between metal tubes.
Why would this person mislead?

Also some time back I read a bad review of the foundation on costco site by another poster and after a few days that review was gone!!!
What I am thinking is that some people may be misleading about the item.
why would they do this?
Re: Costco competes in the high end memory foam market - Costco onsite Reviews - why some people mislead?
Reply #1 Sep 13, 2010 7:46 PM
That's a great question.  I was very apprehensive to order this set based on the limited amount of reviews on the Costco website.  It makes sense now, and if I had to guess, most of the feedback is negative so it's probably being removed.  This explains the limited amount of reviews.

My costco sleep science mattress was picked up today for return.  After weeks of sleepless nights, tingling arms, and intense neck pain, I had it picked up.  I was able to take a look under the foundations and noticed that not only is it a poor design for even weight/pressure distribution, but two of the cross bars weren't even attached at both ends - rendering them useless.

I can't comment on the quality of the actual mattress with great confidence, as I only owned the mattress for about a month or so.  What I can say is that it's a little firm even on the softer side, is extremely difficult to flip (couldn't imagine removing the cover as suggested when flipping), but did not sleep hot.  My suggestion for Sleep Science, or Costco, would be to not glue the layers together, but instead allow the consumer to customize thier comfort level, and also add at least 1" of 19IL, as it currently only has 1".

I hope this helps anyone who may be interested in this mattress.  Please, take my advice, if you order this mattress DO NOT ORDER THE FOUNDATION!

This message was modified Sep 13, 2010 by chattvol
Re: Costco competes in the high end memory foam market - Costco onsite Reviews - why some people mislead?
Reply #2 Sep 14, 2010 2:38 PM
Yes, the poster glorifying this foundation is misleading. I wonder what is his motive?  Deliberatley misleading people is plain immoral.
This message was modified Sep 14, 2010 by roy1

Recent Posts