Better Than A Box Spring? Can anyone recommend (or not) this product?
Apr 16, 2010 10:26 PM
Better Than A Box Spring sold by Sleep Like A Bear. It looks similiar to that Pragma foundation, but it has a fabric cover. They (Sleeplikeabear) say it's perfect for latex. The cost is reasonable enough. It seems like it would be nice and springy.

Does anyone have one?  Is it good? Does anyone have opinions? Will it cut into the latex or otherwise cause issues?

Re: Better Than A Box Spring? Can anyone recommend (or not) this product?
Reply #1 Apr 16, 2010 10:34 PM
I really don't like these foundations. Basically the only reason these were created is to save warehouse space.  I don't think the ultra skinny metal wires on top are enough surface area for latex.  A slatted base would be much better for latex.
Reply #2 Apr 17, 2010 1:39 AM
Thanks, budgy. I was hoping you would weigh in. Seemed too good to be true, actually. sad
Reply #3 Apr 17, 2010 2:34 AM
its like they say right..."if it sounds to good to be true...." blah blah lol. 

I think they were a good idea in principle but even after building a DIY slat frame made of wood from another company, these kinda of bases really aren't that good.  only good for shipping and warehousing.

Reply #4 Apr 23, 2010 11:47 AM
Look at those crappy welds
Reply #5 Sep 10, 2010 2:33 PM
Nothing is better than a real box spring! Before I got my shitty half mattress with a foundation that lasted only 3 years before it completely sunk in with even the springs breaking, I had a good old double sided mattress with a real box spring that lasted me more than 12 years before I got rid of it because it was disgusting from years of spilling shit on it. A real box spring really will take most of the punishment that would otherwise be dished out to your mattress.

Recent Posts