Best configuration for sleeping with partner?
Mar 29, 2010 11:59 PM
So, I do love my bed. But it isn't devoid of motion, and apparently my neurotic/anxious self won't allow any motion these days. So I'm trying to figure out how to configure a bed in which i can sleep with my partner (otherwise he's relegated to the other room).

I have the mattress on a platform bed with slats. The slats flex a bit, obviously giving a little motion to the mattress. Is it possible to put a mattress on a platform with slats that don't flex, or on a solid platform, or will any kind of platform add some movement? Is it thus necessary to have totally separate platforms/frames? I was considering cutting the mattress (latex/PU foam) in half, and sleeping side by side on the same platform bed, but this will probably still have some movement. I guess i need a platform with the same amount of motion as the floor (none), but i don't know if this exists. 

If i did cut the mattress, and get two different frames/platforms, maybe i could get a 'bridge' in case we want to join the mattresses together sometimes. But i assume that once i put the bridge on, it will transfer motion from one mattress to another. Correct? This would be once in a while, i guess.

So, it seems that I'll have to sell our beautiful platform bed and get two separate ones, if i'm to have absolutely no motion. Does this sound right, or is there something else I haven't considered? Thanks for any advice you can give a hopelessly neurotic person! ;)

Recent Posts