Anyone use the Oxygen Pillow?
Sep 30, 2010 12:51 PM
At $130-$160 it's a major rip off, but many people that have used it seem to swear by it.  Anyone here experience this "patented" latex pillow?

I have two types of latex pillows now, a med. and a soft, and can't get either one to work right.

Re: Anyone use the Oxygen Pillow?
Reply #1 Sep 30, 2010 1:18 PM
I can't really get great info on this pillow from their website....so it's just a latex contour pillow?  There is an actual fitting procedure for contour pillows.....because everyone has completely different broadness to their shoulders, different sized neck and heads, a contour pillow cannot possibly work for everyone. 
Reply #2 Sep 30, 2010 1:48 PM
Well, I guess it's a sort of contour pillow. It's a patented "hinged" design..I'm not really sure what that's all about. I did try them with the salesperson at a local store that sells them and yes, they do have various sizes and firmnesses and they take into account the softness/firmness of your bed and which position(s) you sleep in when they get your proper size.

With it's so-called hinges it apparently allows neck support when sleeping on the side, (head goes into center and aligns spine) but if you lay on your back the front support part hinges down (or something??) allowing your head to be straight and not cocked upwards.  Something like that.

I did find it comfy in the store but the price is just insane...and of course, no returns on pillows.

Reply #3 Oct 4, 2010 12:24 PM
well gang, yesterday I think i was temporarily insane, because I spent $170 for a pillow. Yep I got the oxygen pillow, glorified latex ..

Went to local store that carries it and spent some time being fitted.  Hard to do when not on your own mattress. Cringed, bought it, brought it home, slept on it last night. Still have a stiff neck ..I don't think it's the right size for my mattress, honestly, however, in some respects it is pretty nice.

Since I'm having all sorts of other issues with the bed, I can't really say at this point whether the pillow was near (anywhere near) worth the price.  At least I spent the night with it, rather than throwing it aside and grabbing one of my old ones.  Time will tell I guess.  If I could get other aspects of the mattress right, the pillow might have been a good choice.

Reply #4 Oct 6, 2010 11:39 AM
well, I've decided I hate it.  If anyone is interested let me know, it's 2 days old. 

Recent Posts