Anyone tried the Dream Form Green Tea Memory Foam Topper from Overstock.com?
Oct 28, 2010 3:57 AM
The reviews make it sound absolutely perfect for softening a too firm sleeping surface.  I'm wondering if the stated dimensions are correct and if it's true that it doesn't have a chemical odor.  Also wondering if it would be crazy to order a queen size topper for my full mattress; I hate it when they're short.
Re: Anyone tried the Dream Form Green Tea Memory Foam Topper from Overstock.com?
Reply #1 Oct 28, 2010 11:12 AM
Sleepy, I have not tried the Greeen Tea memory foam.  The Serta also look like a popular one at Overstock (2" min. though).

I have bought 3 pieces of memory foam from overstock.  A 2" piece that was the right size.  A 1" piece of Sensus that was actually slightly big. A 1" piece of mem-cool that is about the right size (maybe 1" small?). 

I still suggest getting 1" to start vs. 2".  I think you will find the 2" of 4lb. Aerus is pretty soft, especially if you put over the convoluted piece.   I have 2.5" of the 5lb. (which should be a bit firmer and more supportive), and I am concluding that is probably too soft for me as a top layer.

I think there is a tradeoff between breathability and firmness/supportiveness.

You can buy the queen and cut down if you like.  For me on a queen, 1-2" size variance is not really a problem.

This message was modified Oct 28, 2010 by sandman
Re: Anyone tried the Dream Form Green Tea Memory Foam Topper from Overstock.com?
Reply #2 Oct 30, 2010 4:17 AM
It was a painful decision, I have a feeling I'm going to require another 1" topper, but I opted for the 1" Dream Form memory foam topper.  I decided to go with the Dream Form over Aerus because there wasn't a single complaint about odor in the review section...only references to a fresh minty fragrance that dissipates quickly.  My latex topper has a slight vanilla fragrance, so put the two together and I suppose I'll have a refreshing vanilla mint aromatherapy experience.   

Being a side sleeper, I suspect I'll need more cushioning than 1" of memory foam can provide, so I plan to add in a 1" 19 ILD talatech topper if my suspicions turn out to be correct.  That would give me a configuration that looks like this: 1" (compressed) 28 ILD talatech, 1" 19 ILD talatech, 1" 3 lb. memory foam.  I imagine I'll lose the benefits of the convoluted latex if I place another latex topper over it, but I can't think of an alternative solution.  

I ended up ordering the queen size (which should end up being somewhere between a standard full and a standard queen) and am not sure how to trim it down.  If I don't have an electric knife, what would the next best cutting utensil be?  I've taken scissors to memory foam in the past and the results were *not* pretty - perfectly functional, but with an ugly uneven gash running the length of it.

Recent Posts