Anyone know a source for a 5-7" Omalon core?
May 11, 2009 2:07 PM
My latest recommendation from a very knowledgeable foam expert is that I try an Omalon core. Problem is, I can't seem to find one anywhere. I've looked all over the net this morning with no success.

Anyone know where I can get Omalon in anything other than a 1-2" topper?

Thanks.
Re: Anyone know a source for a 5-7" Omalon core?
Reply #1 May 12, 2009 12:37 AM
The original mattress company used to have them.  I don't know if they still do.
Reply #2 May 18, 2009 5:28 PM
Thanks for that info. I'll check on it!
Anyone else know anything about where to get Omalon?
Reply #3 May 21, 2009 3:05 PM
jankdc wrote:
The original mattress company used to have them.  I don't know if they still do.

I don't see any Omalon listed at originalmattressfactory.com. Weird. The only omalon I can find on the net is a page where Carpenter foam factory discusses it, but nowhere is it for sale. I'm going to try calling Carpenter and see if they can tell me where to get it.
Reply #4 May 21, 2009 10:59 PM
I seem to remember Beddybye (long time ago now) had an Omalon topper. I know you are looking for a core. The reason I am even mentioning it is I believe I emailed them and they don't make it anymore. But maybe they make cores? Let us know how it goes.
Reply #5 May 23, 2009 9:48 PM
Last time I was at OMF, they said that they were discontinuing the Omalon core mattress. You may want to call your local factory and see what they have. Also check craigslist for used mattresses.
Reply #6 May 24, 2009 11:44 PM
I'm checking at my local foam distributor although the preliminary answer from a receptionist was they they don't have it. But I am going to see if they can perhaps order it.
As to used, that kind of freaks me out, I'd rather not unless I knew the person well and knew them to be very clean...
Reply #7 May 25, 2009 5:55 AM
Jim, have you tried calling Carpenter and asking where you can get an Omalon core? They would certainly know who carries their products.
Reply #8 May 30, 2009 4:12 PM
cloud9, no I have not yet done that. Since I've been experimenting with using various memory foam toppers and other things over my HR foam cores, I have not made it a priority.
I'm guessing that after a few more weeks of experimenting with Senus and/or Venus mem. foam I am either going to be satisfied, or else at that time I'll call Carpenter and see if I can get an Omalon core.
Reply #9 May 31, 2009 6:01 AM
Jim, let us know how you like that Venus foam. 1" is supposedly the equivilent of 2" of other foam. I was kind of tempted by the excellent pricing and the extra discount to get that Sensus foam from Overstock, but it's old technology visco and highly temperature sensitive and I really don't want the extra heat in my bed. Venus is supposed to be more temperature neutral. And I also like the idea of more support and less foam. By the way, were you aware that Foamex, the manufacturer of Sensus and Venus went bankrupt, so maybe that's where Overstock got the foam?
Reply #10 Jun 3, 2009 9:25 PM
I think Foamex went bankrupt awhile back and pulled through...they used to make beds!!!  They stopped that.   What is Omalon?
Kait

Recent Posts