Shifman mattress advice
Apr 20, 2012 10:55 AM
I purchased an "S brand" mattress almost a year ago but due to deep body impressions, I am looking for a new mattress. I don't like foam or latex mattresses (I tried them) so I'm wondering if a Shifman will be the mattress for me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am tired of wasting money! Thank you!
This message was modified Apr 20, 2012 by needamattress
Re: Shifman mattress advice
Reply #1 Apr 27, 2012 12:47 PM
I bought a Shifman a few weeks ago.  They make a few different lines so you need to pay attention to construction and see what it's made out of.  Their lower end products are just like your mass-produced Sealy, Serta, whereas their higher end products are hand-made cotton.  I live in NJ where the mattresses are made and I found that at the furniture stores where they are sold, the models were made specifically for the store so it can be hard to compare apples to apples.  All cotton bedding is good for allergies since dust mites are not attracted to it and these mattresses have approximately twice the lifespan of a mass produced mattress, so maybe 15 years as opposed to 8.  It won't break down as fast.  It is expensive.  Another Made in USA, all cotton mattress brand you might want to consider is Royal Pedic. 
This message was modified Apr 27, 2012 by a moderator

Recent Posts