Pure Bliss Latex Mattresses
Jun 11, 2011 4:28 PM
Hello to all:

I would really like to read about some reviews on this bed, I have done research and today purchased this bed, if you own a PBL bed I would love to hear from you.

Re: Pure Latex Bliss Mattresses
Reply #1 Jun 15, 2011 4:18 PM
My family has some experience with these mattresses that I thought I'd share.  Our story is a little convoluted, put positive.  I should start by saying that the local mattress store we dealt with does not carry the Nutrition (they have the Pamper, Nature, and Beautiful) so I have never tried the Nutrition.  I'm a soft mattress kind of gal so I immediately fell in love with the Beautiful but was worried about $$$ so I bought the Nature.  My gut feeling was it was too firm in the store but was trying to fall in love with it and opted to get it anyway.  Sure enough, I was right, it was way too firm (for me) and I was not sleeping well.  I'm a side and back sleeper and my shoulders would ache when I was on my side, and they would continue to ache throughout the day.  I gave the Nature a few weeks but it just wasn't working out for me.  I was struggling with what to do......a comfort exchange, get a topper, etc.  My Mom had been with me throughout this whole process and although she wasn't mattress shopping for herself she was starting to rethink her situation and the mattress she had.  She is a firm mattress kind of gal and really liked the Nature.  She came to my house one day and took a nap on the Nature so she could try it out.  She immediately fell in love, so what we ended up doing was she took the Nature and I bought the Beautiful.  The store had the delivery guys make the swap and we both got what we wanted.  I'm still nervous about the extra $$$ I had to spend to get the Beautiful but it was worth it, for both of us.  This all happened just a few months ago.  My Mom loves hers, as is, and wouldn't change it for anything.  She tells the whole neighborhood how great her new bed is and how she's sleeping like a baby!  I'm a little harder to please and have been tossing around the idea of a topper (I know, more $$$).  Honestly, it's not a need, but a want, and I don't even know if I'll get it.  My last bed was a pillow top so I like that feeling and it would just give a currently wonderful mattress that oh-la-la feeling.  Hope this helps.
Re: Pure Bliss Latex Mattresses
Reply #2 Aug 29, 2011 3:52 PM
We just bought the pure bliss nature 5 weeks ago.  We have always preferred a firm mattress and never wanted a pillow top or anything like that.  Now I would exchange this expensive mattress for anything else!!  Unfortunately where we live, NC, the retailer will not exchange it , so we are stuck with an expensive mistake.  You say you have already purchased this bed.  I would cancel the purchase if the retailer will not give you some time to test it at home.  I wish i had been given this advice.  Good luck.  
Reply #3 Aug 29, 2011 6:57 PM
Just heard from the manufacturer of purebliss and they are arranging with the local dealer to take back our nature set, which we did not like at all.  Apparently this mfg. really stands behind their product and puts customer satisfaction first and foremost.  We are extremely impressed with their prompt response!  
Reply #4 Aug 31, 2011 11:03 PM
mountaindee wrote:

We just bought the pure bliss nature 5 weeks ago.  We have always preferred a firm mattress and never wanted a pillow top or anything like that.  Now I would exchange this expensive mattress for anything else!!  Unfortunately where we live, NC, the retailer will not exchange it , so we are stuck with an expensive mistake.  You say you have already purchased this bed.  I would cancel the purchase if the retailer will not give you some time to test it at home.  I wish i had been given this advice.  Good luck.  

What was wrong with the mattress? Too firm, not frim enough? Sags?

Reply #5 Sep 6, 2011 9:36 PM
 Was your model the firm or soft one?  I am thinking of getting the Bliss, Beautiful with an additional 3" latex topper.  It was amazing in the store.....i am nervous that i too will hate it cause its too soft in a few weeks.   

This message was modified Mar 2, 2016 by greenacres
Reply #6 Sep 7, 2011 1:08 PM
My husband and I LOVE our PLB.  We got the 11 inch N . Model and I got a 3inch topper for my side.  We have had the bed a little over a year now.  The mattress has held up well.  I also appriciate the fact that there is no -off gassing and that the company is certified against their products being toxic. So many other mattresses brands have toxins in them.  Its so nice to know we have a mattress that's comfortable, durable, and non toxic!!!   Also my husband sleeps HOT and in this bed he has been perfect!  We did get the comfort cool sheets but there not needed to have a perfect night sleep on this bed as it doesn't sleep hot like other mattress.  

The first couple of weeks we had the bed it seemed stiffer then in the store but I guess that is to be expected.  My husbands side of the bed has a little bit of an indent nothing bigger then 3/4 and inch and if there was the company would replace it no questions asked.  They have great customer service.  Check out latexbliss.com to learn more about the bed.   My side of the bed I use a topper so my side is perfectly flat no indent at all.  I would recommend a topper even though it is a durable bed and not likly to have the hammock effect.  Its nice to be able to change the topper after a couple of years and still have a perfectly good bed.  My friend had a latex bed for 20 years before they replaced it.  No hammock effect after all that time she said.  So latex really holds up over time.  

Over all I can't wait to get into bed every night love my Pure Latex Bliss!!!

Reply #7 Sep 8, 2011 3:07 PM
neiman wrote:

Yikes!  Was your model the firm or soft one?  I am thinking of getting the Bliss, Beautiful with an additional 3" latex topper.  It was amazing in the store.....i am nervous that i too will hate it cause its too soft in a few weeks.  This is soooo hard....   

You do want to be careful - I dont own a Bliss, but they have been my point of reference as I try to construct a DIY latex mattress. I also thought the softness in store was great - I liked the Nutrition model which has 2" 19 ILD over 2" 28 ILD.

I now have a 3" 28 ILD rejuvenite topper on my firm spring mattress, - felt good at first, but after a few weeks of sleeping, turns out it doenst have nearly enough support for me.  Im a back sleeper. Side sleeping wife likes it though.

For the same money, I think SleepEZ or another source that will do layer exchanges is a great way to go if you arent sure what will work for you.

Reply #8 Sep 8, 2011 7:01 PM
abeana wrote:

My husband and I LOVE our PLB.  We got the 11 inch N . Model and I got a 3inch topper for my side.  We have had the bed a little over a year now.  The mattress has held up well.  I also appriciate the fact that there is no -off gassing and that the company is certified against their products being toxic. So many other mattresses brands have toxins in them.  Its so nice to know we have a mattress that's comfortable, durable, and non toxic!!!   Also my husband sleeps HOT and in this bed he has been perfect!  We did get the comfort cool sheets but there not needed to have a perfect night sleep on this bed as it doesn't sleep hot like other mattress.  

The first couple of weeks we had the bed it seemed stiffer then in the store but I guess that is to be expected.  My husbands side of the bed has a little bit of an indent nothing bigger then 3/4 and inch and if there was the company would replace it no questions asked.  They have great customer service.  Check out latexbliss.com to learn more about the bed.   My side of the bed I use a topper so my side is perfectly flat no indent at all.  I would recommend a topper even though it is a durable bed and not likly to have the hammock effect.  Its nice to be able to change the topper after a couple of years and still have a perfectly good bed.  My friend had a latex bed for 20 years before they replaced it.  No hammock effect after all that time she said.  So latex really holds up over time.  

Over all I can't wait to get into bed every night love my Pure Latex Bliss!!!

All I can say is WOW! Thanks for dropping by and leaving us your rave review, abeana! You should be getting paid for making a commerical!

Reply #9 Sep 8, 2011 9:46 PM
I went and layed on one today and wow.. I loved it.  now just have to justify the price to myself.
Reply #10 Sep 12, 2011 1:22 PM
I too have seen the Pure Bliss at a local Minneapolis store. Their prices locally were high IMO, but I found that the beds on HealthBack.com are actually made by PureBliss for Healthy Back. Check out their online prices.

I would like to find some more info on how they hold up over time. I too liked the PureBliss in the store, but the prices scared me away. I'm looking at either DIY at FBM or Healthy Back at this point.

Recent Posts