Overnight Mattress bamboo memory foam
May 18, 2009 8:05 PM
Wondering if anyone's tried this mattress, or what they think of the specs. Sounds nice and 'cool', but i don't know if i'm just being swayed by the lovely 'bamboo' description...!
Re: Overnight Mattress bamboo memory foam
Reply #3 May 21, 2009 7:50 PM
Thanks for the excellent tips. We didn't  take any pictures of it when it arrived, but I don't remember seeing any problems.  It has been well protected while here.  I do understand your caveat about hair.  I once returned a fiber bed to Macys  and vacuumed it before putting it into the plastic zip bag it came in.  It picked up a hair that we didn't notice when folding it, but the saleslady spotted it and wouldn't accept it.  We had to go back a second time to get them to take it.

Regarding the boxes-ours is a king so it came in two boxes which were pretty beat up so we recycled them.  Even though we have experience (too much!) successfully shrinking foam and stuffing it back into its original box, there is no way we could do it with this.   We had planned on getting a mattress bag and box per their instructions if we end up sending it back.

I doubt that flipping it and sleeping  on the M-grade foam would help me.  I've laid directly on the M-foam with the cover and memory foam off and for me it is just too hard.
If you end up going with overnight again, maybe you could get them to just sell you 9", instead of 7", of M-grade foam as we know they have it non-glued in the Aloe Vera.

My ultimate goal is to put together my own spring bed but, like you, I haven't found a way to just get some springs.
Re: Overnight Mattress bamboo memory foam
Reply #4 May 22, 2009 1:16 AM
princesspea wrote:
Thanks for the excellent tips. We didn't  take any pictures of it when it arrived, but I don't remember seeing any problems.  It has been well protected while here.  I do understand your caveat about hair.  I once returned a fiber bed to Macys  and vacuumed it before putting it into the plastic zip bag it came in.  It picked up a hair that we didn't notice when folding it, but the saleslady spotted it and wouldn't accept it.  We had to go back a second time to get them to take it.

Regarding the boxes-ours is a king so it came in two boxes which were pretty beat up so we recycled them.  Even though we have experience (too much!) successfully shrinking foam and stuffing it back into its original box, there is no way we could do it with this.   We had planned on getting a mattress bag and box per their instructions if we end up sending it back.

I doubt that flipping it and sleeping  on the M-grade foam would help me.  I've laid directly on the M-foam with the cover and memory foam off and for me it is just too hard.
If you end up going with overnight again, maybe you could get them to just sell you 9", instead of 7", of M-grade foam as we know they have it non-glued in the Aloe Vera.

My ultimate goal is to put together my own spring bed but, like you, I haven't found a way to just get some springs.

Although it wasn't an issue for me, if it WERE an issue, I would ask, "Why does it matter that it has a hair on it? It is illegal to re-sell a mattress, anyway, isn't it?"

Maybe foam sellers get around this by saying it's not a mattress? But it IS...so I don't get it... If it had been an issue I'd have argued on this basis.

Yeah, on the bigger beds you would find it difficult to compress it and put it in the box it came in. I was lucky, it was just a twin and the box arrived in good shape so I saved it and re-used it.

I know what you mean about TOO much experience with foam! My wife laughs every time I say I'm going to try a new foam! ;-D Or when I re-arrange the foam for the 100th time. But she also understands that I have a lot of discomfort/pain with my shoulder and back so I have no choice but to search for a solution.

Right now I am trying the Sensus foam on top of HR foam, and I am thinking of trying 1" of Venus foam with 2" of Sensus foam.

Recent Posts