Newbie needs advice
May 7, 2009 12:43 PM
Hello Everyone,

My wife and I are joining the ranks of converting to latex. We have a new Beautyrest firm mattress and need to "soften" the feel as we are both tossing alot at night and wake up with some aches and numbness. I am 6' 196lbs. and my wife is 5'5' at 160lbs. - we were hoping some of the educated people on this site could help guide us in the right direction for a proper topper choice. I have heard a 2" with 22 IDL is pretty normal for most but I am wondering if the 3" 20 IDL that FBM offers might be a better choice. We welcome all of your expertise and input.

Thanks,

Jeff

Re: Newbie needs advice
Reply #1 May 7, 2009 1:41 PM
Thicker is not always better.  There is a fine line between achieving the softness you desire and going over the line to losing support for your back.  You can make a mattress ultra wonderful soft that fixes your aches and numbness and go directly to low back pain.   I'd find out exactly what is in your mattress, how much foam and what kind/density and go from there. 
Kait
Re: Newbie needs advice
Reply #2 May 7, 2009 7:21 PM
Thanks Kait,

I have spoken to someone at Sleep like a bear and they were quite helpful. Gotta get educated first buy second.

Jeff

Recent Posts