Latex Mattress
Nov 4, 2010 9:49 PM
I am looking to purchase a latex mattress and am debating between Flobeds and Plush Beds. I have read so much information that my eyes have begun to cross. I did not want to buy on-line but after looking at my local stores, I do not feel comfortable with what they have to offer. Can anyone tell me what they think or know about either of these companies...or if there is some other latex bed you would recommend. I am so overwhelmed by it all. Any help at all will be greatly apprciated.

Thank you!

Re: Latex Mattress
Reply #13 Nov 13, 2010 12:00 AM
"I understood Dunlopillo closed their doors about a year ago."

They were placed in administration but have continued to supply latex and sell mattresses. Foamex and many others have also declared backruptcy but continued on unil they emerged. Even the "S" brands have not been immune. Seems to be a fairly common tactic in the mattress industry.

http://www.dunlopilloworld.com/en/home.htm

Radium which is based in Holland also produces most of the Talalay used in Europe although they manufacture a blended talalay http://www.radiumfoam.nl/en/home.ecp

They are pretty much in the same position in Europe as LI is in North America.

There are also apparently chinese manufacturers of Talalay that up till recently only produced pillows but are now producing cores. I have seen Chinese Talalay cores on some of the import sites.

Phoenix

This message was modified Nov 13, 2010 by Phoenix
Re: Latex Mattress
Reply #14 Nov 13, 2010 12:51 PM
When I was making the decision between Flobeds and SleepEZ, I went with Flobeds because they offered the option of a zoned layer. This  probably wouldn't matter unless you are a side sleeper, but it made a big difference to me because I have neck problems and mattresses that are nice and supportive for my lower back and hips tend to put to much pressure on my shoulders and sensitive neck.

Recent Posts