2" Latex Toppers at Costco, $99.99 shipped for Queen size
Mar 1, 2010 7:49 PM
Just happened to do a search for "latex" stuff on their website and saw there.  They weren't there on Saturday, so must be a very new product.  Includes a 100% cotton cover, though it's VERY cheap compared to pretty much everywhere else on the 'net.  Claims to be made in the USA, but doesn't say what ILD OR even what type of latex.  Just ordered one since I have a Costco nearby, at worst I don't like it and I'm out the $10 in tax.  I'll throw a review up on here when I get it.

(Link isn't working for me, but if you search for "Latex" at Costco.com you'll see it)
This message was modified Mar 1, 2010 by SleeperWA
Re: 2" Latex Toppers at Costco, $99.99 shipped for Queen size
Reply #28 Apr 17, 2010 3:24 PM
OK, has anybody actually USED this topper?

I'm not interested in the uninformed opinions of all these people who have never even touched this topper, much less slept on it.

I want to know what it actually feels like, firmess, responsiveness, etc. Not why people are prejudiced against something they haven't even seen.

Please don't insult me by talking about talalay, dunlop, memory foam, etc. I am quite familiary with those. That is not what I'm asking about.

So far, this thread is just a perfect example of why it's usually a waste of time to look for reviews on the internet.

HAS anybody actually USED this topper? If you haven't, please DON'T respond.

Thank you.

Reply #29 Apr 23, 2010 11:40 AM
Latex and memory foam are two different things. One of the reasons we pay extra for latex is it lasts longer. So why waste time trying a product that you already know is deceptively labled?

Sort of like if you respond to a personal ad in Craigslist for a girl and a guy comes to the door. Now maybe you would say "give it a try anyway" but I wouldn't

doubtingthomas wrote:

Thank you.

Reply #30 Apr 23, 2010 1:37 PM
doubtingthomas wrote:

OK, has anybody actually USED this topper?

I'm not interested in the uninformed opinions of all these people who have never even touched this topper, much less slept on it.

I want to know what it actually feels like, firmess, responsiveness, etc. Not why people are prejudiced against something they haven't even seen.

Please don't insult me by talking about talalay, dunlop, memory foam, etc. I am quite familiary with those. That is not what I'm asking about.

So far, this thread is just a perfect example of why it's usually a waste of time to look for reviews on the internet.

Thank you.

Don't worry, you won't get any help from me.

Reply #31 Apr 23, 2010 1:57 PM
Bought and used this topper (in conjunction with the 10" latex mattress from Costco).  Sure feels like memory foam to me.  It's definitely soft and comfortable, but sleeps incredibly warm and doesn't have the typical "springiness" that the latex mattress itself has.  Any suggestions out there on a comparable topper that is truly latex?
Reply #32 Apr 23, 2010 4:56 PM
botez wrote:

Bought and used this topper (in conjunction with the 10" latex mattress from Costco).  Sure feels like memory foam to me.  It's definitely soft and comfortable, but sleeps incredibly warm and doesn't have the typical "springiness" that the latex mattress itself has.  Any suggestions out there on a comparable topper that is truly latex?

Sleeplikeabear seems to have the only VERY soft latex toppers for sale and their price seems fair. But they are Talatech, not natural latex (they are blended).  If you want a bit firmer latex topper and 100% natural Talalay, then you can try rockymountainmattress or sleepez.

Reply #33 Apr 24, 2010 11:31 AM
jimsocal wrote:

Don't worry, you won't get any help from me.

I never suspected that I would.

Reply #34 Apr 24, 2010 11:44 AM
botez wrote:

Any suggestions out there on a comparable topper that is truly latex?

I purchased a Dunlop 2" topper @ overstock.com. It was LatexGreen, 17.3 ILD (still had the QC tag). Very nice piece of latex, no defects. $139

I also purchased a Talalay 2" topper @ The Foam Factory (aka FoamByMail.com). 20 ILD, also no defects. $151

Both were Queen size, properly cut, and did not have seams. The feel of the Talalay is different, but not drastically. I have it on top, in a case which is like a pillowcase made out of sheets with a zipper, and the Dunlop underneath, with a quilted Damask mattress cover on top of it, which firms it up a bit. Together they make my otherwise rock-hard bed feel like I'm sleeping in a cloud. I'm a side sleeper, and this gives me perfect support.

And, no, unlike others here who I suspect work at or have an interest in certain companies - due to their constant suggestions to buy from them - I have absolutely no connection to either company.

Reply #35 May 21, 2010 3:10 AM
I understand the frustration completely. They don't get the right to call something latex when it is not. True latex is either done in the Dunlop method or talalay process. We go latex to get away from the harmful offgasing of the other stuff. So good for you for speaking up. Too many people out here are getting fooled due to their dishonesty.

I think I'm gonna just order a topper from both foambymail and Overstock. if we can't even get all natural latex from these popular sites after spending close to a grand, then why not give the better price places a try?.

anyone that has these toppers from the cheaper sites, do they have any odor? and is the Dunlop firm?

Reply #36 May 22, 2010 3:05 AM
mycakebed wrote:

I understand the frustration completely. They don't get the right to call something latex when it is not. True latex is either done in the Dunlop method or talalay process. We go latex to get away from the harmful offgasing of the other stuff. So good for you for speaking up. Too many people out here are getting fooled due to their dishonesty.

I think I'm gonna just order a topper from both foambymail and Overstock. if we can't even get all natural latex from these popular sites after spending close to a grand, then why not give the better price places a try?.

anyone that has these toppers from the cheaper sites, do they have any odor? and is the Dunlop firm?

It's been my experience that Dunlop toppers are much firmer than their Talalay counterparts with equal ILD's.

I have a 32ILD Talalay natural and a 32ILD Dunlop natural and the Dunlop feels more like a 40ILD to me. I could not sleep on it, not even down next to my springs under a couple other layers of softer Talalay. In fact I am trying to sell it if anyone is interested in a 32ILD Dunlop layer that is very firm. I only used it 2-3 nights. It's a 2" layer in twin size only, though. Will fit one side of an E. King configuration.

Recent Posts