How thick for Foam Topper?/Brands
Sep 24, 2007 12:31 PM
I have researched the site and due to the new forum, data is limited. So I ask, what is a good thickness for a foam topper? Also, what good websites for reliable toppers and if any, retail stores that may have good quality foam toppers, such as Wal-Mart/SamsClub to JcPenny and so-on. I see that some Memory foam toppers are on sale on some sites from reputable foam manufactures.  
Re: How thick for Foam Topper?/Brands
Reply #6 Sep 25, 2007 1:18 AM
I am very happy with just a 1" latex topper that is soft over a 36 ILD natural Latex core over a 44 ILD natural latex core over a 36 ILD natural latex core with the new cover Dave at FloBeds sent me to replace my old cover. The new cover seems to confirm to my body better. I love this combination since I have very firm good support but a little cushion. Of course,  I am petite and only 4"10.75" tall and now a little over 100 lbs due to the death of my father and my car accident. I gained about 7 lbs but I am not worried since I know I will lose it as soon as my neck and arm are better and I can exercise again.

The latex topper is from Overstock but is is a little small for my Queen Bed so I am going to ask Dave if he can find me a topper that is 1" and natural latex and soft since I returned the 2" convoluted topper that was too soft and too thick for me. 

I really love my bed so much and now even more with my new cover and my 10" legs. I was able to put plastic roll-out drawers under my bed (after airing them out for a few weeks) and now have clothes off the floor as I wait for my new Durham furniture to arrived and hopefully this time it will not be damaged with paint peeling and mismatched colors like the Stanley Furniture was that I returned.  I kept the Wesley Allen Headboard.
Reply #7 Sep 25, 2007 9:06 AM
If you sleep mostly on your back (2 out of 4 positions) , then I think 1 1/2" - 2" thick should be good for you.

Since you like memory foam, and a firm feel, Sensus by Foamex would probably feel good to you.  Sensus is a very high quality memory foam, and should last you a long time.  It is very durable.  Over a firm sleep surface, it will keep a fairly firm feeling.  As it warms up with your body temperature, it will start to feel like a marshmallow which is what will soften the mattress for you.

You can search the internet for Sensus to find prices.  There is a thread at this new forum that discusses it too.

Let us know what you decide and how you like it.
Reply #8 Sep 25, 2007 11:02 AM
I just bought a Simmons Extra Firm mattress and found it needed a topper.  I got a 2" memory foam topper (2.5lb density).  The combo works great!  I bought at a department store (I was impatient) but it seems that you can get a better deal with higher quaility from a reputable online shop.

Recent Posts