PLEASE HELP!!! American signature foam mattress
Oct 19, 2010 12:00 AM
I was gonna buy a new mattress today, but wanted to research it first. I'm looking at the foam mattress by American signature. I have been through three mattress in the last five years and don't want this one to be another mistake. any info on this bed would help before i finance this bedroom set with mattress. Thanks David
Re: PLEASE HELP!!! American signature foam mattress
Reply #1 Oct 19, 2010 12:07 AM
Which of the many available "miracles" are you hoping for?

Phoenix

Reply #2 Oct 19, 2010 12:57 AM
In all seriousness, I would be a little careful before you rush into anything, especially buying a memory foam bed where you have no idea what is in it (the website is very non specific)

Phoenix

Reply #3 Oct 19, 2010 12:28 PM
i tried all night to find some reviews on there foam mattress, but could not find any. I don't wanna do anything until i can get some kinda feed back on them.
Reply #4 Oct 19, 2010 1:17 PM
There are many many reviews on their mattresses. Most of them not so good (except the ones that only talk about how they felt at the very beginning). Just google "american signature mattress" and start reading once you get past their own links. Some of them are amazingly naive (people saying how wonderful the store is when their pillowtop fails in a month or two and the store replaces it and then it happens again).

I would personally have serious questions about the value of the mattresses that are listed there. I would also stay away from ANY memory foam where I didn't know EXACTLY where the memory foam came from and what it was. You are walking into a recipe for disappointment. Thicker is not the same as better.

You could do a lot better ... IMO.

Phoenix

This message was modified Oct 19, 2010 by Phoenix
Reply #5 Oct 19, 2010 9:17 PM
i did see some things on there mattress, but it was the spring mostly. I know you are right was just wish full thinking that maybe somebody would have some good things to say. Maybe i will just have to save a little extra for the temper pedic. Thanks
Reply #6 Oct 19, 2010 10:07 PM
If you read a little on this forum, you may also decide that the tempurpedic may also not be that great an option.

Before you think about any memory foam mattress, it would make a lot of sense to do a little research first so you are clear where you are headed. Memory foam is a very different animal and I would not go there until you know exactly why that is the case. Once you are clear on all the plusses and minuses of memory foam and you still decide you want to go there, then it would be worthwhile looking at where the best value may be for you.

There are many choices in memory foam ... both good and bad. If you decide that memory foam is for you, then Tempurpedic is a "safe" choice but you will also pay significantly more than you would for some other high quality memory foam mattresses.

Phoenix

This message was modified Oct 19, 2010 by Phoenix
Reply #7 Mar 7, 2012 8:34 PM
STAY FAR AWAY!  I am sure you have already decided upon a mattress but I want to share my experience so that others may avoid the mistake I made.  I purchased an American Signature Foam Mattress set in Nover 2008.  It was the Delux II set which up to present is listed for $899 through American Furniture & Value City Furniture. At first the set was wonderful.  In early October 2010 I noticed there was a dip in the bed.  I called Value City Furniture for the warranty.  They couldn't get a tech out until mid November.  The tech confirmed that the mattress was under warranty and would be replaced.  He also confirmed the box spring was still good.  By mid-december I still did not have a replacement.  When I called they told me it would be another 2 weeks.  Late December they delivered the new mattress and took the old one away.  The new mattress was awful!  I felt lumps inside the bed.  Called for the tech to come out thinking maybe it was the box spring, after all the matrtress is supposed to be complete foam.  Another month of misery and the tech finally came out mid February.  I wait for a new mattress.  Nearly another month goes by.  I call the Service Center.  I am told I need to go in to Value City Furniture in Fairview Heights and pick out a different mattress.  I didn't understand why.   Supposedly American Signature is remodeling their beds and are not Making the Delux II.  I am told that I am being given a credit of up to $758 towards a new mattress.  If I chose a pricier mattress I pay the difference.  If I choose a less expensive I'm out the credit.  Back in the mattress section the have NO foam mattresses for $758 or less.  The one mattress set that is being advertised at $899 (the price I paid for my set) can be sold to me, mattress only for $899 because right now they are having a special if you buy the mattress you get the box spring for free.  The manager informed me that when the sale is over the set will be $999.  I would have had to have coughed up nearly $200 just for the mattress & tax.  They had nothing else comprable.  So I chose a less expensive mattress set that is much lower quality.  Same manufacturer for $699.  Then the sales woman tried to sell me the mattress only for the $699 instead of giving me the set. 

The bottom line is don't do business with Value City Furniture.  They treat you kindly when they sell you something but don't make good on their warranties, nor do they care about customer service. 

Recent Posts