Costco Spalena Sheet sets
Oct 31, 2009 6:24 PM
About a year ago, Costco opened a new store here in Houston. As is their practice, they had a lot of "road show" items for the first couple of months. Among these items were Spalena sheet sets, which are Chinese, imported by Comphy Co. and rebadged. They are microfiber, but not like the cheap microfiber sold at places like Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

At any rate, based on Costco's generous return policy, we purchased a king set, and fell in love with them. They DO NOT sleep hot and are unbelievably comfortable. It turns out these sheets are used at many upscale hotels, bed and breakfasts, and at spas as massage table linens.

By the time we decided we wanted additional sets, the road show was gone and we were forced to make our additional purchase (2 more sets) from the importer.

Well, Costco is now selling these sheet sets online and I just wanted to tell everyone how great they are.

There is online info (do a google search for Comphy Co sheets)

Philip
Re: Costco Spalena Sheet sets
Reply #4 Jan 21, 2010 4:19 PM
Philip,
You are right about how awesome the Comphy Sheets are but the ones sold at Costco are the Spalena line which are Comphy's lower end line. The fabric is the same but the finish is different on Comphy's original brand. The Comphy sheets have a nicer cuff with a trim on it and come in more colors. You can get them at the gift shops of the Ritz Carlton, the Four Season's The Canyon Ranch or many other 5 star resorts. If you want to get them for less than resort prices and online then go to RuVal Linens. They ship the same day and have the lowest prices I've seen. www.ruvalonline.com
Reply #5 Jan 22, 2010 8:22 AM
The reviews of these sheets are wild! on their web site...people love them. 

Has anyone else found that some/alot of Costco stuff isn't so hot a buy?

At least I can take the sheets back to Costco and I don't pay that much extra for shipping.

I have noticed some same things cost LESS in the store!

Sometimes way less.

How could they sell Comfort Aire for $300? I bought one. I took it apart and made my own Comfort Bed!! With a queen size Areo mattress, it fit real well inside, with a nice 2 inch latex topper. I got my dream bed and I did it myself! Looks like it just might need new sheets!

Reply #6 Jan 23, 2010 1:04 AM
i just found it quite funny that on their website they show the Wynn hotel in Las Vegas, yet the Wynn uses 310TC Egyptian cotton sheets and they sell them for like 300~350 a set I believe. 
Reply #7 Jan 24, 2010 3:22 PM
Quote: "i just found it quite funny that on their website they show the Wynn hotel in Las Vegas, yet the Wynn uses 310TC Egyptian cotton sheets and they sell them for like 300~350 a set I believe. "
That is because the Wynn and other 5 star resorts use the sheets in their spas. Comphy originally made only spa table dressings. They recently got into making sheets for the home. You can buy the Comphy sheets at the Wynn or Encore or Venitian in the gift shop. I was at the Wynn and asked about the Comphy sheets. The lady said that after getting a massage the clients rush right in to buy the sheets for home use. They sell them there for over $200 a set.
Reply #8 Jan 24, 2010 5:59 PM
ahhh good to know.  hope you understand my confusion in this.
Reply #9 May 29, 2010 3:58 PM
I have bought these sheets too, and fell in love with them instantly! They are the MOST comfortable sheets I have ever bought. No other sheets even come close to the way these sheets feel. Highly recommend this product :-)

Rosy

Reply #10 May 30, 2010 11:26 AM
I  have this sheets and have  given two sets as gifts and everyone loves them. Wash them with perfume free detergent are you may get a funky odor. They are good for 250 washes so they will last 20years.

This message was modified May 30, 2010 by rocket
Reply #11 May 30, 2010 9:15 PM
Any more word on these?  Do they work better for summer or winter?  I am also thinking of picking up a blanket for summer and the duval cover for winter (with down conf inside).
Reply #12 May 30, 2010 10:17 PM
Ouch
I was considering buying the Spalena duvet cover. But, the king size is too small for the down comforter I bought there. Too bad.
Reply #13 May 31, 2010 1:03 AM
how much smaller? 

even duvet covers custom made for down duvets are made intentionally a couple inches smaller on the length to make it work better. 

Recent Posts