Who's got the best prices on latex toppers these days?
Jan 17, 2012 1:43 AM
I haven't been around here lately. I know SLAB is one place that sells the soft latex toppers but there was another one I'd never heard of listed in one of the threads which I lost track of...

I want to buy 2" of 19-24ILD latex. I prefer natural Talalay but may consider Talatech if it's enough cheaper. I looked at SLAB and I didn't readily see where they say the ILD's. I see "soft" , "medium" and "firm" only... I suppose somewhere there, they have a legend that says what that means in terms of ILD...

I'm looking for Twin size or King which I'll cut into 2 Twins. Does Foam Sweet Foam not sell toppers? I thought they used to but I don't see the option on their site.

Wow, I just saw that SLAB now charges a 25% restocking fee PLUS shipping on any exchanges. I doubt I'll be buying from them in that case.

Thanks in advance for any ideas on where to get the cheapest latex toppers of 19-24ILD  nowadays.

This message was modified Jan 17, 2012 by jimsocal
Re: Who's got the best prices on latex toppers these days?
Reply #1 Jan 17, 2012 3:24 AM
jimsocal wrote:

Who's got the best prices on latex toppers these days?

Good question.  Are you okay with "some irregularities", or do you prefer perfectly formed blocks & holes, with no minor rips/tears etc.? 

Yeah SLAB going to the 25% restocking fee is unfortunate.  They must have been getting too many sent back, & had to de-incentivise.

This message was modified Jan 17, 2012 by JasonRatky
Reply #2 Jan 17, 2012 6:57 AM
jimsocal wrote:

I haven't been around here lately. I know SLAB is one place that sells the soft latex toppers but there was another one I'd never heard of listed in one of the threads which I lost track of...

I want to buy 2" of 19-24ILD latex. I prefer natural Talalay but may consider Talatech if it's enough cheaper. I looked at SLAB and I didn't readily see where they say the ILD's. I see "soft" , "medium" and "firm" only... I suppose somewhere there, they have a legend that says what that means in terms of ILD...

I'm looking for Twin size or King which I'll cut into 2 Twins. Does Foam Sweet Foam not sell toppers? I thought they used to but I don't see the option on their site.

Wow, I just saw that SLAB now charges a 25% restocking fee PLUS shipping on any exchanges. I doubt I'll be buying from them in that case.

Thanks in advance for any ideas on where to get the cheapest latex toppers of 19-24ILD  nowadays.

These do not list the ILD, but reviews are they're very soft. Definitley the cheapest you'll find.

http://philmoresupply.com/ - Click on foam, then on mattress toppers

Reply #3 Jan 19, 2012 4:06 AM
JasonRatky wrote:

Good question.  Are you okay with "some irregularities", or do you prefer perfectly formed blocks & holes, with no minor rips/tears etc.? 

Yeah SLAB going to the 25% restocking fee is unfortunate.  They must have been getting too many sent back, & had to de-incentivise.

I don't  mind some irregularities but I don't want stuff that has a lot of uneven holes, is glued together all over the place or has an inconsistent firmness throughout. I would not buy Overstock.com latex toppers because they would not tell you the ILD nor manufacturer - it was like playing "topper roulette". ;-D

Reply #4 Jan 19, 2012 4:18 AM
megalops wrote:

These do not list the ILD, but reviews are they're very soft. Definitley the cheapest you'll find.

http://philmoresupply.com/ - Click on foam, then on mattress toppers

Hi, thanks for this link. Unfortunately I followed the link to their ebay store for details on the latex and it has the quoted text below.

The price is good, but I'm not sure if it's good enough to buy with no return or exchange privilege, imperfections, and not knowing what ILD they are, not even a close guess. I checked and buying 2 x 1" slabs shipped to CA is $35. I guess maybe if I bought 2 and if they'd try to pick 2 with 2 different softnesses it might be worth it but it does seem a bit risky.

[emphases mine]:

"Latex Mattress Toppers-1x80x80- only 58 available, while supplies last!

We bought these from a shop that went out of business, and unfortunately we do not know anything else other than it is soft to medium firm latex mattress topper, we do not know any specifications about it.

New but with some imperfections

No Returns"

I admit to being tempted to try it though. I might call them and ask if they could choose 2 different softer firmnesses for me...

Reply #5 Jan 19, 2012 9:12 PM
 I purchase 2x1" today and will be picking them up the end of this month. If you go to web site rather then Ebay, it's cheaper.

I will post if they are soft. Customer service agent said they  were talalay latex.

Reply #6 Jan 19, 2012 9:52 PM
Welcome back Jimsocal.  Lots of new folk here could use your vast knowledge of the mattress industry.  I bought a FoamSweetFoam topper back in 2009, but they no longer appear to sell toppers.  Too bad.  I've been very satisfied with mine.  Good luck with your search.
This message was modified Jan 19, 2012 by markbnh1
Reply #7 Jan 19, 2012 10:07 PM
I ordered a 3inch latex  Natural Dunlop Topper from Sleepwarehouse.com .  I liked $250 price including shipping, however cannot comment on the quality because I hope to pick it up tomorrow.  Will give you an update.

This message was modified Jan 19, 2012 by johnnydm

Recent Posts