Tips : How to Choose a New Mattress
Apr 10, 2017 3:59 AM
These 12 tips can't guarantee you will end up with the perfect mattress, but they can help you make an educated choice:

1. Research online before going shopping.
2. Talk to your doctor.
3. Watch out for gimmicks.
4. Take the mattress for a test drive.
5. Be aware that firm mattresses aren't always better for your back.
6. Pillow tops aren't for everyone.
7. Adjustable beds are a great option.
8. Ask about comfort guarantees or trial periods before you buy.
9.Check the warranty.
10. Check out all the options and variations.
11. Shop at a store that specializes in mattresses.

Remember, it's your mattress, your back, and your money, so it's worth the time to research it and get the best mattress possible. Keep an eye out for specials and sales, and always try to negotiate delivery charges.

This message was modified Oct 31, 2019 by a moderator
Re: Tips : How to Choose a New Mattress
Reply #1 Sep 7, 2019 7:07 AM
Very informative post I enjoyed reading it. These tips definitely help me in buying a new mattress.
Reply #2 Sep 13, 2019 2:24 AM
That's quite informative and helped us come to an idea on how to choose new mattresses.
Reply #3 Oct 18, 2019 2:46 AM
A good mattress needs to give both support and comfort and that includes ones for those who suffer from back problems.

Although a firm mattress is recommended by some retailers, you should always look for a mattress that keeps your back aligned while sleeping and relieves pressure points along your spine and joints. This has a lot to do with your weight (the heavier you are, the firmer your mattress should be), so it’s best to try a mattress before you buy – many online retailers now offer a trial period where you can return the mattress and get your money back if you don’t think it’s right for you.
Reply #4 Nov 7, 2019 8:51 AM
If you like a bed with bounce<br>Innerspring mattresses have that familiar bouncy feel. Interconnected coils are extra-durable, but individual "pocketed" coils, each covered with fabric, reduce the ripple effect that happens when someone on one side of the bed moves.<br><br>If you prefer a firmer base<br>Memory foam and/or latex mattresses have much less spring. To determine quality, look at the density and thickness of the foam, which will determine how deep you'll sink. The newer, online mattresses generally use several different layers of foam, with heavier ones on the bottom for support and lighter, cooler kinds on the top for comfort.<br><br>If you want a plush top<br>Innerspring mattresses typically have either a fiberfill or foam outer layer, covered in quilted ticking. But even if you want an uber-plush feel, don't be swayed by a thick-looking pillowtop as it can compress over time. It's often best to choose a firmer, well-quilted mattress, and then cover it with a replaceable mattress topper.<br><br>Purchased this homylink mattress as replacement for the single bed mattress we have had for years and was due an overdue replacement. Delivery was very quick - arrived earlier than the initial set date that was predicted.<br><br>The mattress is well made, and the memory foam element is thicker than expected, pictures on the advert doesn't do it justice. After giving the mattress a full 24 hours, it was ready for a test drive. Wow, the mattress is very supportive and luxurious with the memory foam. My back aches when I sleep funny but this mattress really does support the contours of your body. My verdict, the mattress is excellent value in my opinion. You can't put a price on a good nights sleep. homylink.co.uk
This message was modified Nov 11, 2019 by maybenbenme
Reply #5 Nov 28, 2019 7:05 AM
thanks for the info
This message was modified Nov 28, 2019 by Adams988
Reply #6 Dec 15, 2019 5:44 AM
Thanks for your sharing. That would be great. However, is choosing kid's mattress different from then?
This message was modified Dec 16, 2019 by a moderator

Recent Posts