What's wrong with my mattress?
Jan 8, 2018 12:24 PM
Hello,

I am a side sleeper and decided to buy a Posturepedic Hybrid Plush mattress. My back feels amazing, but ever since I have had excruciating pain and numbness in my hands and arms (my hands literally turn blue as the girl from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory).

Mattress Contents:
2" OptiCool 3-Zone Ventilated Gel Memory Foam with PCM and CoreSupport Center
1" Gel Memory Foam
2" SuperSoft Foam

Is this mattress too soft, too firm?

I really appreciate your help!
Re: What's wrong with my mattress?
Reply #4 Jul 16, 2018 10:52 PM
I hear that for better sleep, you'd better to roll the mattress at lest 2-3 times per 6 months
Reply #5 Sep 14, 2018 5:11 AM
I think you should try buying a mattress topper.
Reply #6 Nov 20, 2018 6:25 AM
Hello,

If you are feeling something wrong with your mattress .you must have to check the perfect point which can not give you a perfectly good night sleep for that you can consider this some of this factor The comfortness, size, firmness. and you have to change the mattress after finding it Nowadays there are many mattresses are available in the market you just have to go there and choose a perfect one for you. I personally believe that mattress is part for good night sleep.
Reply #7 Jan 23, 2019 3:47 AM
Pinched nerves most likely, this is often because your sleep surface is too firm, but can also be because of the positioning of your arm regardless of mattress firmness. You could try a softer topper, like these, recommended by Bustle, and these for instance. Also Sleepadvisor posted some good recommendations.
Personally, I prefer Lucid. We use it while on camping and at home, so far so good.
This message was modified Aug 25, 2019 by Diana
Reply #8 Feb 22, 2019 3:03 AM
Definitely sounds like the mattress is too firm. A comfortable mattress that is right for you will support and cushion your pressure points. A mattress that is too firm is a common culprit for feelings of numbness or pain: it can mean the pressure point is not being "cradled" enough by the support layers of the mattress.

I can see that this question is a year old now, so I hope you found a suitable answer, was it a firm mattress like many of the respondents thought?

Emily

This message was modified Feb 22, 2019 by a moderator
Reply #9 Feb 24, 2019 9:20 PM
Hi, it seems that this mattress is too firm for you, I don't know what is the weight of you. But I think you may try a softer mattress, which is better. Hopefully this is helpful.

Recent Posts