I still love my mattress (after a yea
Dec 14, 2017 11:16 PM
Since I went through many mattresses in a very short time, it seems remarkable to me that after a year of sleeping on my mattress I'm still completely happy with it. I used to post (and read) a lot on the forum, and remember after a lot of discussion and general dissatisfaction it was agreed that a possible solution was to buy a fairly firm mattress and top it with something cushy that could be replaced later if necessary.

That's basically what I did. I bought a mattress with extra lumbar support from Lemoyne Sleeper (a small manufacturer who presumably uses decent materials) and topped it first with an inch of memory foam and then with an inch of latex. Both topppers were purchased from Overstock for not very much money.

It's a queen bed, and yes, the side I sleep on has developed a bit of a body impression--but not enough to make me uncomfortable the way the previous mattresses did. Sometimes, when I think of it, I sleep on the other side just to try to keep things balanced. But I don't do that very often. Nor do I turn the mattress as often as I should. It's not an easy job for one person. But still, the mattress is holding up well and feels great. Ditto the toppers.

Hey, what is this dreadful font? On my screen it looks as though pieces of it are missing. No fun trying to read it.
Re: I still love my mattress (after a yea
Reply #1 Feb 14, 2018 1:19 AM
Great to hear. People get frustrated finding the perfect mattress for themselves and you have one.

Recent Posts