Which Saatva firmness level is right for me?
Nov 2, 2015 11:43 AM
Hi all,

A little background:

We decided a month or so ago that it was time to replace our 15 year old mattress. The old mattress was a "Pillow Top" something or other and was on the softer side. I am a side sleeper, and for years have suffered with hip pain and numbness in my hands upon waking.

We got our Saatva Luxury Firm (their "medium soft" option) and I found that my hip pain was reduced and the hand numbness completely disappeared. I still had some hip pain, so I called Saatva and they sent me a very nice topper (absolutely free I might add!) to try and help me out...the topper has made the mattress softer overall, but the hip pain is now worse....and the hand numbness has returned.

Since I'm probably going to live with this mattress for another 15 years or more, I wanted to take advantage of Saatva's awesome return policy and try the Plush Soft (their softest mattress) just to see if it could improve things even more! However, after the experience with the "soft" topper and after doing more reading around the internet (and finding this great forum!), it seems that maybe their Firm mattress would be better for me to try out.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

P.S. I just want to add that over this entire experience with Saatva, their customer service really lives up to all the hype! They have answered all my emails within hours (if not within minutes!) and even call to find out how I'm doing with the mattress and/or topper. These guys are great!
Re: Which Saatva firmness level is right for me?
Reply #1 Nov 5, 2015 5:04 PM
Just wanted to bump this up since I still can't decide whether or not to try the Firm mattress.

Recent Posts