Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe vs Contour Signature
Sep 4, 2011 10:08 AM
Folks, we had a Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe for about 90 days, the wife and I liked it but I felt that it softened too much and I had slight lower back pain in the morning.  I got her to agree to send it back, VERY reluctantly as she said it was the best mattress we have ever had.  She is about 135 5 4 and I am 190  5'9.

We have since gotten the Contour Signature.  But, I am not happy at all and hope I didnt make a mistake.  It feels so hard to me, harder than it felt in 2 different stores.  I wake up with more intense mid and lower back pain, more so than I ever did with the Cloude Luxe.  My hands are tingling if I dont change position constantly.  I spent over an hour on the store mattress and didnt have this kind of sensation.  

I am hoping this mattress will soften but I am a bit worried as the CL felt great from day 1.  Anyone try the signature or have feedback on it?

If we ultimately give it back, can someone suggest which cloud to go with?  I dont really want the CL again as i think the cloud layer was too thick and too quick to break down.  My feeling is that maybe the Cloud Supreme might be the next logical step as it has a slightly thinner Cloud layer but unfortunately it lacks the HD layer and opts for the regular Tempur material.  Is this a negative?

Here's to hoping I dont have to give back the signature.

Re: Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe vs Contour Signature
Reply #14 Dec 12, 2011 5:49 PM
So far we have spent 30 days on our Signature. The very first morning i experienced lower back pain. Been going to my chiropractor to see if there has been something there all along that my 6" of foam toppers have been hiding for the past 3 years.

X-rays show that everything is fine but he's doing minor adjustments on me just the same.

I have also noticed i do more tossing and turning on this HARD foam mattress as well......

SO...after much consideration i called the Mattress Firm and am going thru the process of exchanging it for the Cloud Supreme. We liked that one originally but they had floor models of the Signature for a TON of a lot less $. I was thinking with my wallet and not my instincts on that one. Will keep everyone posted to my upgrade experience.

They call the signature Medium Firm. Its pretty darned firm!

We also bought the Leggett and Platt adjustable base. No manner of adjusting has made this Signature mattress acceptable. BUT so you know, most of those mattress stores are prohibited to talk about the L&P base as they want to sell you the Tempurpedic base at twice the price. But when i brought it up, they were like "Yeah, we can sell you one of those too"..but dont expect them to bring it up in conversation. L&P was supposedly THE adjustable base for Tempurpedic for years...but i guess TP is going it alone and charging a fortune for them.

Dennis

Re: Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe vs Contour Signature
Reply #15 Dec 15, 2011 3:44 PM
We also bought the Leggett and Platt adjustable base. No manner of adjusting has made this Signature mattress acceptable. BUT so you know, most of those mattress stores are prohibited to talk about the L&P base as they want to sell you the Tempurpedic base at twice the price. But when i brought it up, they were like "Yeah, we can sell you one of those too"..but dont expect them to bring it up in conversation. L&P was supposedly THE adjustable base for Tempurpedic for years...but i guess TP is going it alone and charging a fortune for them.

FYI, the reason many retailers like myself do not bring up this option is due to the fact teh Tempurpedic could tell the customer (in the event of a warranty claim) that since the base is not Tempurpedic (purchased after a specific date), the customer has voided the warranty. There are a lot of things retailers could sell that would inadvertantly hurt the customer and end up losing business for the retailer...

I encourage clients to ask all of the right questions and let me answer them to the best of my ability... It is true that L&P made the base (up till about 2 years ago I think) and then Tempur went with all Tempur branded products... and requires that retailers only display and sell the matching sets... However, we cannot keep a customer from purchasing things a la cart to help them with price!

Recent Posts