Tempur-pedic Contour Signature has gone soft
Mar 12, 2012 5:31 PM
My wife and I bought a contour signature tempurpedic on February 4th.

The first day or so I didn't like it and had to get used to it, but my wife loved it.  After day 2 through day 30 I loved it!!! perfect mixture of comfort.

Now it's killing me. My upper back to the base of my neck hurts every single morning. It seems the bed has gotten MUCH softer.

I'm mostly a side sleeper but sometimes sleep on my back or stomach.  the last few nights I tried sleeping completely on my back to no avail, stil hurts.

Any ideas?

Any one else experienced these beds going much softer?

any recommendations for replacement?

I'm kind of looking at either the Contour Select or the iSeries new bed from Serta as well as the new Beatyrest Black.

Re: Tempur-pedic Contour Signature has gone soft
Reply #1 Mar 12, 2012 5:52 PM
They do soften with use (As will most any foam bed). These beds are bricks when they are new.  

I was opposite of you.  I didn't care for my Tempur. until it conditioned and softned up (I was thouroughly warned of this).  Same with folks that I know who have them.  I actually wished it was a bit softer.  I'm a back and side sleeper.   I have the Allura.  Maybe the contour select might be better but it too will soften from it's new form.

These beds aren't for everyone.  You may be better off with a firm innerspring.  I would avoid memory foam knock offs like the icomfort.  I don't think you can improve by going that route.

Reply #2 Mar 12, 2012 9:01 PM
i was actually looking at the iseries, which is Serta's duet innerspring/pocket coil with a gel memory foam top.  I'm thinking maybe an innerspring is best.

i really did love he contour signature until it got too soft.  my back between my shoulderblades is absolutely killing me now.

sucks, because the bed was fantastic until the past week.

Reply #3 Mar 12, 2012 9:36 PM
Drex,

Is your TP refundable? What is your price range? You might check out Berkeley Ergonomics- they make a very good quality coil + latex mattress. I know there are others that do also that are probably higher quality than Serta.

Recent Posts