Select Comfort vs. Comfortaire
Feb 14, 2011 11:21 AM
My wife and I are about to spend a good deal of money on an air mattress and just want to get an idea of anyone's experience with Select Comfort or Comfortaire?

I have been searching the Internet for days looking for comparisons and can not find any good ones.  Can anyone give me some insight on the differences between the two companies and which one may be a good value.

We are looking at the Select Comfort Innovation Series Limited Edition and the Comfortaire Opulence.  

Any insight would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Re: Select Comfort vs. Comfortaire
Reply #1 Feb 19, 2011 3:19 PM
I have a Comfortaire GS 900 queen size.  I'm not sure how it compares with the Opulence but I am very pleased with it.  I have had it about 13 months now.  I can tell you I have posted on this forum before. I was struggling to find a bed that was comforatable for me and had tried several kinds - including "normal" mattresses, the Flobed and I even had a Select Comfort a number of years ago (it was one of their lower end beds).  My Comfortaire has a latex convoluted topper - not the memory foam topper.  The air mattresses in it are not as deep as those in the Select Comfort - they are maybe 3" - 4" deep.  I think the depth of the mattress, the latex topper and the thick mattress cover have a lot to do with the comfort.  I often sit up in bed at night and watch tv and it has had no impact on the comfort and has not caused any indentations.  I purchased it online.  There is a local furniture store chain in my area that carries them and I first saw the Comfortaire there.  If I had it to do over, I would buy it from the furniture store next time to save the hassle with old bed removal, set up, getting rid of boxes, etc.  The one problem I have had is with the air pump not maintaining air pressure.  Comfortaire has replaced it 2 times at no cost to me - and they have been very easy to deal with.  So my vote is with Comfortaire.  Good luck with your decision.

Recent Posts