Sealy Embody Introspection memory foam
Aug 23, 2011 10:16 PM
Took my husband to Mattress Firm tonight to try the Tempurpedic Contour Select (and also the Advantage). The one I originally liked was the Tempurpedic Deluxe, now discontinued. Tempur tells me that the Contour Select is the model closest to the Deluxe. For me personally, I felt like it was quite a bit softer. I just laid on the Deluxe twice this past weekend and Contour Select felt softer for sure (IMO). Advantage was good, but very firm. Both a very slow recovery time.

The store manager also showed us the Sealy Embody Introspection. Said the quality of the Sealy now is as good as Tempur, just a little bit different feel, and sleeps cooler. And, my husband and I actually both liked the Sealy Introsoection better than the Tempur models. It was a nice medium to firmish, but a nice amount of contour. A little bit springier than Tempur and faster recovery time. I have liked the feel of memory foam all along, but my husband was not a fan of the slow recovery time and the "sleeping hot" rumor. But, he did like this one.

The price seems fair at ~$2400, one year full refund.

Anyone know much about the Sealy? Reputation for quality or lack of? Sagging? Durability? The stats are below:

Would appreciate your insight!! Think we may be getting close!

COMFORT LAYERS
0.5" 2.5 lb Ventilated Visco Memory Foam

2.5" 5.0 lb Memory Foam

7" High Density Polyurethane Core

FOUNDATION 
Embody Foundation

Re: Sealy Embody Introspection memory foam
Reply #2 Aug 29, 2011 12:10 PM
So, we decided to take the plunge and buy the Sealy Embody Introspection memory foam above. I really liked the Tempurpedics, but they are about the only mattresses in any store that my husband does not like. He does not like the sinking, the slow recovery time, and the reputation of sleeping hot (he is a hot sleeper). He liked the Embody b/c the foam is constructed more like latex with holes througout for beathability. And it's a much faster response time. Almost feels somewhere in between memory foam and latex. We chose the firmest of the group with 3" of memory foam over core.

The new set arrived this morning and I have high hopes! Of course, this is a new line, so we'll see how it holds up in the long run. Or how I feel tomorrow after sleeping on it a full night. Will update occasionally in case anyone else is considering this line.

Recent Posts