Savvy Rest durability
Apr 26, 2010 10:59 PM
I just tried the Savvy Rest Serenity this past weekend and I think we are leaning in that direction. The reviews seem good for the most part; however, there doesn't seem to be much written about long term use and durability.

I am hoping that some actual owners can/will comment on their experiences after a few years of use. Any and all comments/opinions/recommendations are welcome!

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Re: Savvy Rest durability
Reply #1 Apr 26, 2010 11:21 PM
Hi frog, I don't have a latex bed yet, but I really liked the samples Savvy Rest sent me. I think it's a quality product. Do you happen to know what kind of latex was in the bed you tried (Dunlop, natural or blended Talalay)?

I'll be interested to read reviews from owners, too.

Reply #2 Apr 27, 2010 11:03 AM
Hi Cynical,

The bed that we tried was made of natural Dunlop Latex. They had a nice set up where the sales person could swap around the different firmness layers to get what you think is right.

It was a bit of a drive to try it out but we've never tried a latex bed before and our last bed with inner springs was...well... not a very successful investment....frown, so all in all it was worthwhile (rainy) Sunday afternoon.

We're not big into the fact that the Savvy Rest is natural or green but we find it tough buying something this expensive sight unseen.

Again opinions/comments/suggestions, especially from owners, are very welcome!

Reply #3 May 24, 2011 2:05 AM
Hey frog30.  I test drove a Savvy Rest mattress locally a couple of weeks ago.  I really like the product.  The display had 2 of every firmness in both dunlop and talalay and I was able to try different combinations.  The latex pieces had nice straight cut lines and fit into the enclosure well.  The edges near the corners were a bit ragged from all of the handling to change the mattress configurations.  The cover was pretty thin, 1/2" or so, which I interpret to mean you are sleeping on latex, not on a cushion.  The zipper and case looked pretty solid.

I'm going to make up my mind this week since the prices of SR mattresses are going up (I read $200 in each size) on June 1.  I don't really have a lot to compare it to, but since I found something I like that I was able to try out, I'm afraid of trying for an online score to save a couple of hundred dollars.  I might end up having to swap layers and paying for shipping would offset some of the savings.  Since I was able to try it personally and have seen good reviews on the SR, I'm not afraid of the no return policy.

I haven't seen very many reviews anywhere for mattresses that are more than a few months old.

Have you decided yet?

Recent Posts