SAT bed
Oct 9, 2007 7:13 PM
Has anyone used this bed?  I tried contacting the company but got very rude, pushy salespeople who would not answer my questions.  I am very interested in the bed but they do not have way to test or look at the bed locally.  By Boyle's Law and atmospheric pressure in Denver, I would not think you could get the mattress to be very firm.  And it seems like you would have to get up off the bed to let it adjust to a firmer setting.
Re: SAT bed
Reply #1 Oct 9, 2007 7:44 PM
Foam Nerd
Many of their claims sound a bit silly to my ears, and I'm definitely put off by the fact that you have to talk to them on the phone to get a price. It's interesting how the bladders are self-adjusting. I don't think this mattress would be affected by altitude, but I can't back that up with physics.

If you are interested in one, it would be worth your while to see if there is a Hilton around with one of their mattresses.
Reply #2 Oct 9, 2007 7:49 PM
Thanks hays - I tried the Hilton but it appears they only use the SAT beds in their "botique" hotels and their isn't one near me.  Thanks for the reply.
Reply #3 Oct 9, 2007 11:08 PM
Hi mike--There is a lot of information and some links on this mattress in the old forum.  Stay away from this company.  They are not reputable and their product is not good!
Reply #4 Oct 10, 2007 12:28 PM
princesspea - How do I access the old forum?  I woold still like to see info about the bed even if I have ruled them out due to attitude.
Reply #5 Oct 10, 2007 1:29 PM
Foam Nerd
http://legacy.whatsthebest-mattress.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wtb-mattress

For some reason the moderator did want this posted as a link so you will have to cut and paste.

Change "This post was made in the last..." to 1 year or you won't get any results.

SAT Bed ??
http://legacy.whatsthebest-mattress.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1150681093

Some links from the above thread

Update: WHOA! Go directly to epinions and sort in order of lowest ratings first, and spend 20 minutes reading. Incredible. Note: there ARE some good air mattresses out there. This just isn't one of them.
This message was modified Oct 10, 2007 by haysdb
Reply #6 Oct 10, 2007 5:39 PM
Thanks for the help.  Sounds like the guy I spoke with was this Kevin guy, the owner.  He was an a** on the phone so that fits.  Bummer about the bed and Select Comfort doesn't get good ratings either.  There is an Intelli-bed store near my office, I may go look at one of those since they seem to get good reviews here and at Epinions.  Thanks.
Reply #7 Oct 10, 2007 7:41 PM
So here's a wacky and zany Comfort Direct tidbit.  A google search reveals a site called whatsthebest-mattress.org.  I'm the type who takes offense to commericial sites using the .org domain name and this certainly appears to be that situation.  I'm also the type who doesn't appreciate a website that attempts to take advantage of erroneous URL entry.  That would also appear to be that case with this website the victim.

If you review the site you will note that the SAT bed is listed at the top as the "best" bed.  A variety of  other factors make me think that perhaps this is a marketing ploy and I have my guess as to who is doing the stealth marketing.

Note that this used to be called the SAM (self adjusting mattress) bed.

This message was modified Oct 10, 2007 by kbell
Reply #8 Oct 10, 2007 9:07 PM
Foam Nerd
www.whatsthebest-mattress.org
The Web's Non-Profit Consumer Advocacy Site

Ouch.

Best Innerspring mattress: The DUX Bed
Best Waterbed:  Boyd Flotation Hardside Waterbed Mattress
Best Latex Mattress: Natura
Best Memory Foam Mattress: Tempur-Pedic
Best Powered Air Bed Select Comfort