Sams Club: Serene Comfort vs Classic Dream
Sep 6, 2011 1:04 PM
I have been searching for new latex or memory foam mattress.  I am looking at two similarly priced models at Sams Club and have a couple of questions about them.

The Classic Dream Standard Top model is a latex mattress that comes with a 20 year warranty.  However, no info is provided about thickness or density of the "premium latex" layer.

The Serene Comfort model is a "open cell" memory foam mattress that apparently does not retain too much body heat (very important to me). The specs clearly state that the top layer is 3 inches of 5+ lb high density foam (9 inches of 2 lb density foam for the support layer).  Yet the warranty for this model is only for 10 years.

1. Does anyone know the density of the latex in that Classic Dream model?

2. How does the durability of that compare to the durability of 5+ lb high density open cell memory foam (and is that the reason for the difference in the warranty periods)?

I am also trying to track more information about the Scandanavian series of mattresses by May & Co. based in Indianapolis, IN because a small, local furniture store carries this brand.  I've found very few reviews of recent products from this manufacturer and older ones seemed to question the durability of these mattresses.  It does look like the current models (Sandmahn, Stockholm, Anniversary, Oslo, etc.) use a 5 lb synthetic latex/foam.  Unfortunately, there are so many layers of "Resilitex" and "Bioflex" foam/latex I am having difficulty sorting it all out.  Could someone provide some more insight into this product line and/or point me to some additional resources?

Re: Sams Club: Serene Comfort vs Classic Dream
Reply #4 Sep 8, 2011 1:31 PM
I just found out that the top layer on the 940 (13" Classic Dream Eurotop queen at Sams) is dunlop.

Recent Posts