Saatva mattress?
Jan 18, 2011 3:36 PM
Does anyone has any experience with Saatva mattresses? They sell only online, not in stores, and sell their queen mattress for $999 with an amazing return policy. It seems they're pretty new and I can not find any reviews.

Anybody has some real infos on their mattresses?

This message was modified Dec 16, 2020 by a moderator
Re: Saatva mattress?
Reply #6 Jun 23, 2011 5:22 AM
There's no guarantee that any business won't close it's doors tomorrow or the day after. The mattresses claim to be American made (from American made material?) and they provide some technical sounding specs.  It's not at all clear how long this mattress will last.  I would try googling to attempt to find some independent reviews.  You generally get what you pay for.  As these mattresses are only sold online, you might get more value for the dollar that a B&M store.  The down side is that you purchase sight unseen and no ability to test drive.
Reply #7 Jun 23, 2011 11:38 PM
sleepswithcats wrote:

There's no guarantee that any business won't close it's doors tomorrow or the day after. The mattresses claim to be American made (from American made material?) and they provide some technical sounding specs.  It's not at all clear how long this mattress will last.  I would try googling to attempt to find some independent reviews.  You generally get what you pay for.  As these mattresses are only sold online, you might get more value for the dollar that a B&M store.  The down side is that you purchase sight unseen and no ability to test drive.

Good points, all ya'll. From what I'm reading on this forum, having a warranty doesn't mean all that much anyway, so just because a company is new is not necessarily the be-all end-all issue. More important is to know what you're getting (upfront, accurate, complete disclosure of components and construction) and have an exchange or return policy that you can live with if it doesn't work out within a reasonable period of time, is how it seems to me at this point after reading lo these many months (and still not buying anything yet - but trying to soak up all the information I can like a sponge so I don't live to regret (yet again) making an illinformed decision then having to work like the devil to get the problem solved). I'd rather pay in taking the time to find out what I need to know than plunking down my cash, ending up with a mattress I can't stand, and then having to deal with getting rid of it. So if this company - or any company - is willing to give folks a good deal for a good product, and at the same time is honest and accurate in telling you what you are getting, and if they have a reasonable exchange or return policy, then I don't really care how long they've been in business, or if it's a big or a small company, local or on the internet.

Reply #8 Jun 24, 2011 12:01 AM
Anyone know what fire retardant Saatva uses, and what gauge of steel for these coils? And can anyone explain what this means in terms even I can understand? I am confused how coils can be "steel encased."

Quote from Saatva website:

Foam encased anti-sag edge support for better durability and more sleep surface. The Saatva Mattress uses a Dual Perimeter Edge Support System. The lower base support coils are steel encased while the upper comfort coils are foam encased.

Reply #9 Jun 24, 2011 2:01 AM
Email them using the "contact" link on the website. They respond quickly. 
Reply #10 Jun 24, 2011 11:11 AM
terrieb wrote:

Email them using the "contact" link on the website. They respond quickly. 

I agree, I would just email them and you should get an answer pretty quickly.  I haven't bought from Saatva, but my friend did a few months ago and really likes it a lot.  It's pretty rare for a friend to bring up his mattress in conversation, so it must be pretty comfortable.  I'm convinced that I will buy my next mattress online (which hopefully will be very soon) and will definitely give Saatva a hard look.

Reply #11 Aug 8, 2011 3:03 PM
I actually purchased a queen size saatva mattress in June. It was only $799 and it is super comfortable. It is so plush and I feel like I am sleeping better than I had been for years. It's really cool that they sell their beds for such an amazing price and are still able to have such a quality product.
Reply #12 Nov 19, 2011 2:06 PM
I am also interested in the Saatva mattress; however, I could not find independent reviews on the internet.  So, I sent for informative booklet.  Not much more information was given in the booklet vs. their internet site.  No price range or an explanation of exactly what materials are used in the mattress.  It's stated made in America, good, but where in America?  This looks like a wonderful mattress and the very limited reviews are all great, but it would be more reassuring, at least for me if I did see more reviews.  If it is a great mattress where are all the people who purchased this mattress?
Re: Saatva mattress?/ Reply to my Post of Nov. 19, 2011
Reply #13 Jan 29, 2012 3:39 AM
After posting my interest in the Saatva Mattress, I must say I received an immediate reply from a "Real Person" regarding my interest in this mattress and my concerns regarding how this mattress would be a positive to my health issues.  After literally months of ressearch both online regarding mattresses and going to "brick and mortar" mattress stores with still many of my questions left unanswered, I now am able to say I have found a wonderful mattresss and that happens to be the Saatva Mattress.

After making my original post I did receive a call from Ed Brien and he spent more time with me on the phone answering my questions then a sales person would have if I happened to go into a store and bought a mattress.  After Mr. Brien answered all my questions and spent a great deal of his time on the phone with me I made a decision to purchase this mattress on-line.  This is completely out of character for me, since I have to try everything I buy numerous times and research an item until there is no other information to find regarding an item I may be researching.

What sold me on this mattress was the price for a King size Mattress that all the "upper end innerspring Mattresses"  made a purchase way beyond what I could spend and the prices seemed just outrageous!

Mr. Brien promised my mattress would be delivered in around 7-10 days, but to my surprise he had my mattress delivered to me a day before Thanksgiving!  Which was one day after our call with one another! That was just unbelievable.  The personal service was more then I could have asked for from a compny on-line  or buying in the traditional method.  This is my first purchase of an online purchase for this amount that I have ever made over the internet.  But more importantly it was a purchase which would effect my personal well being for a long time, which was a good night sleep. Up until this time I have not slept for more then two hours at a time and now I can say going to "sleep" is not something I dread.  

There was a bit of an issue with the delivery, but no fault from the company and this was resolved immediately and again personally by Mr. Brien himself.  I am very pleased with my purchase and would tell others to purchase a mattresss through this Company.  And my reasons would be not only the price but also the high quality of the merchandise and for the pride in their product.  And what a pleasant surprise to speak with someone from the Company and not routed to a foreign country.  

Everything that is promised in this mattress is true.  It is very comfortable and there is no synthetic fibers or oder I was so concerned about.  The top of the mattress is cotton and is so comfortable,   One of my biggest concerns was that I would sleep "hot" with memory foam.  I am not having issues of sleeping "hot".   And I can say this is one of the most comfortable mattressess that I have had the experience to sleep on.  To say I am happy or just plain pleased is a complete understatement.

Buying without trying is a concern, but I have found this to be a very wonderful experience and one with which I worried about for months. There is a 30 day trial so people can be reassured.  I have owned my mattress now for almost four months and I am as pleased with this purchase, as I was when I first had my first night sleep on this great mattress.  It is by far better then any mattress I tried in any mattress show room.

Thank you to all those who work at Saatva Mattressess and I am grateful for all the wonderful personal experiences I had purchasing this mattress.

Very Happy and believe their is honestly out in this world, this purchase has proven too me that this is true.

Warmly,

Sandra L. Martin 

Reply #14 Mar 27, 2012 2:21 PM
Interesting perspective, Sandra, thank you.  I may have to give these guys a look now.
Reply #15 Apr 21, 2012 4:54 PM
I've been doing a lot of research and Saatva seems to be an incredible value.  The reviews I've read here and elsewhere are very positive, and I have yet to see any dual-coil beds even close the the price range Saatva charges.  I'm giving them a call today with a few questions I have, but so far this seems to be the best offering I've been able to see for what I'm looking for.  I figure the shipping and not having to pay tax will pretty much "net-out."  I'll give an update after I call their customer service line with some questions. 
This message was modified Apr 21, 2012 by MarkandJen

Recent Posts