Review: Costco Emma w/ Adjustable Base
Feb 27, 2010 3:25 PM
First off, I'd like to thank the many members of this forum that provide a wealth of information for others in their search of the "perfect" mattress.

A little history:  I've had a 360 degree lower back fusion operation and a spinal stimulator implanted.  In addition, I take quite a bit of pain medication on a daily basis to allow me to function.  As you can imagine, I could never get a good night sleep and we've (wifey and I) had two expensive mattresses throughout the last 6 years.  That said, we've spent so much time researching and trying beds at all the mattress stores that it's very difficult to make a decision.

My wife and I liked the Tempurpedic (deluxe and one other model that escapes me), but I didn't want to pay for all the advertisement fees associated with the purchase, i.e., extremely high prices.  After several long months on the journey for another new mattress, we decided to try the Costco Emma w/ adjustable base.  There are several reasons we went w/ Costco... Costco's warranty and the manufacturer's warranty (as good or better than others). 

I called Costco and got the number for South Bay International and Sleep Science.  I had the manufacturer email me relevant bed/base information and had a couple of discussions regarding their manufacturing.  Being that the mattress and base are made in China, I had QC concerns.  I can tell you all that my and my wife's experience so far (have had the bed for 3 weeks) is that this mattress/base is what I'd consider to be outstanding.  I've not had a good night's sleep in many years and for the last 3 weeks  my wife and I have slept right through the night.  I used to get up 2-3 times/night!  In addition, the mattress is very well constructed, has a 20 yr warranty (3/4" sag), and the base has a 20 yr limited warranty.  The base is designed pretty well and appears to be constructed well.  Although the base might not have all the frills of the Leggatt, it's an outstanding value for the money based on my review.

I hope that my review helps in answering any concerns regarding this specific mattress/adjustable base.  I realize that one size doesn't fit all, but this combination has met all my expectations and more (so far). 

Note that I have absolutely no affiliation w/ Costco or any manufacturer, retailer, etc. 

Regards,

Greg

Re: Review: Costco Emma w/ Adjustable Base
Reply #3 Feb 28, 2010 12:45 PM
Debbie wrote:
Did you purchase this bed on-line or in the store? Is there a web-site I can go to and look at this bed? What is an adjustable base? How much money is this bed? Thanks in advance!

Debbie,

The link listed above is correct.  Sleep Science and South Bay website respectively is: http://www.sbsleepscience.com/, http://www.southbayinternational.com

Hope this helps.  BTW, I got my bed when it was on sale.  Price was 2099.

Greg

Reply #4 Feb 28, 2010 12:46 PM
I don't see a "emma" bed either? sure you have that name correct?

Alice

Reply #5 Feb 28, 2010 1:42 PM
fantasticalice wrote:
I don't see a "emma" bed either? sure you have that name correct?

Alice

Not sure what you're referring to.  The memory foam bed in the link that comes w/ the adjustable base is the Emma.  You will not see the Emma on the manufacturer's website as it's specifically made for Costco.  Search Costo under their memory foam and you'll find the Emma mattress.

Greg

Reply #6 Feb 28, 2010 4:27 PM
I think they are sold out of the Emma, which is why you're not seeing it on the website. 
Reply #7 Feb 28, 2010 5:26 PM
KimberlyH wrote:
I think they are sold out of the Emma, which is why you're not seeing it on the website. 

I don't think they're sold out...just looked.  See: http://www.costco.com/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?Prodid=11471576&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|93|1924&N=4001714&Mo=161&No=2&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=1924&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&topnav=
Reply #8 Feb 28, 2010 6:49 PM
I think the confusion is that they no longer call it the Emma.  It is just the 10" Sleep Science mattress.
Reply #9 Feb 28, 2010 8:55 PM
sandman wrote:
I think the confusion is that they no longer call it the Emma.  It is just the 10" Sleep Science mattress.

That's not correct.  Look under "Hot Buy" mattresses and go to the 10".  Read the description, it clearly states the name of the mattress is Emma.
Reply #10 Feb 28, 2010 10:07 PM
 I stand corrected and what a great price!! So sorry I can't sleep on foam!

Alice

Reply #11 Feb 28, 2010 11:15 PM
ctgreg wrote:
That's not correct.  Look under "Hot Buy" mattresses and go to the 10".  Read the description, it clearly states the name of the mattress is Emma.

I think they no longer use the name Emma in the title, but only in the description.  I do not find it when I search for Emma on the Costco website.
Reply #12 Feb 28, 2010 11:43 PM
ctgreg wrote:
Debbie,

The link listed above is correct.  Sleep Science and South Bay website respectively is: http://www.sbsleepscience.com/, http://www.southbayinternational.com

Hope this helps.  BTW, I got my bed when it was on sale.  Price was 2099.

Greg

You are wrong.

Emma is not adjustable bed and it is not $2099. But $699.

You are not even referring to the correct bed.

You must have bought another mattress which is adjustable.

NOT EMMA.

Recent Posts