recommendation to make bed softer in the hip area
Mar 23, 2015 11:49 AM
I recently bought a new bed. I opted for a mattress with the least amount of P/U foam possible, and put a 2.5" latex topper on it. The mattress is an ultrafirm Simmons Beautyrest. The latex topper has two layers, one is 14 ILD; the other is 25 ILD.

The bed is almost perfect, except the hip area is too firm. My hips feel out of alignment when I lay on my side, and I wake up feeling like I need to get a chiropractic adjustment.

I would like there to be a little more “give” in the hip area, but don’t want to affect the rest of the bed.

Any suggestions?
This message was modified Mar 23, 2015 by veloearl
Re: recommendation to make bed softer in the hip area
Reply #1 Mar 23, 2015 2:26 PM
Veloearl.  Are the two latex toppers separate or glued together? Mattdud

Quote:

I recently bought a new bed. I opted for a mattress with the least amount of P/U foam possible, and put a 2.5" latex topper on it. The mattress is an ultrafirm Simmons Beautyrest. The latex topper has two layers, one is 14 ILD; the other is 25 ILD.

The bed is almost perfect, except the hip area is too firm. My hips feel out of alignment when I lay on my side, and I wake up feeling like I need to get a chiropractic adjustment.

I would like there to be a little more “give” in the hip area, but don’t want to affect the rest of the bed.

Any suggestions?
Reply #2 Mar 23, 2015 4:20 PM
It is one continuous sheet of latex, described as 14 ILD toward the top and 25 ILD toward the bottom.
Reply #3 Mar 23, 2015 4:48 PM
Veloearl.  It may seem strange but I would recommend flipping the foam and sleeping on it for a few nights.  Please let us know how it goes.  Mattdud

Recent Posts