All, I have read the many excellent posts and need to hone in on a choice for a Latex topper. Here is my situation:
- I have an excellent Serta Firm matress -- one year old. Latex top layer -- too hard, gives me shoulder soreness (and some hip soreness)
- I use a strip of 1.5" memory foam under shoulder -- can't use full bed topper as it is way too hot.
- I am 6'-2" 198 lbs.
- I have previously tried 2" ergosoft (100% natural latex not blended) that they claim is 16-18 ILD, but I found too hard (I don't beleive that this rating is comparable with the blended ILD rating)
From the many excellent posts:
- Want to buy blended latex topper
- For my size and situation, should it be:
- 1 in or 2 in thickness (many posts for lighter folks indicate 1" is best)
- 24 or 28 ILD ? (many posts for lighter folks indicate 24 ILD would be best)
Sleep-like-a-bear has suggested two options:
- One layer of 2" 28 ILD
- Mixed solution of 1 in of 28 and 1 in of 19 ILD (top softer layer for more comfort)
Can some folks out there help me with the advice so I can decide in next day or 2?
This message was modified Jan 6, 2009 by Tischler