Twin XL versus KingXL
Nov 18, 2014 6:04 PM
Recently purchased Prodigy Everfeel King mattress with Adjustable base (Twin XL) Exchanging for Hybrid model as we don't like the total foam route.
We are thinking about going with the two twin mattresses rather that another king, so we can independently adjust bed to our individual needs when necessary. Question: For anyone who has gone this route, does the mattresses separate in the middle- do you fall thru when sleeping close to one another? Any input would be appreciated.
Re: Twin XL versus KingXL
Reply #2 Mar 21, 2015 12:36 AM
We've had two XL Twin mattresses over XL Twin foundations inside an Eastern King frame for years. Everything is tight in there, so there's no separation. I have a couple of toppers and mattress pads on top of everything, so you don't even knows it isn't one King. Also, our mattresses are custom made at a local store that allows us to to unzip the top cover and adjust the layers of latex and other foam over the springs inside. Since we each have our own mattress, we can tweak our comfort levels individually if we want to. I would never go back to one King mattress again.
Reply #3 Dec 19, 2016 2:50 PM
With those of you who have tried to put the two twin XLs together instead of the King, did it work out?
Was this way more comfortable than a King mattress and did you notice more support?
I am a light sleeper and have a hard time falling asleep. I usually go to the next room, and for some reason have never had luck with King mattresses.

My husband and I recently bought a King mattress and don't feel the support that we did in the Queen. Would having two Twin XL mattresses make for more support than 1 large King?
Reply #4 Dec 27, 2016 1:20 AM
We've tried going down this route before and honestly, after many years you don't even notice. I believe it's more in your mind that you're aware of there being a separation and you begin to look for it. I don't think I can really remember when was the last time I rolled over and decided I wanted to sleep in the middle.

Recent Posts