tempurpedic cloud elite
Dec 29, 2014 1:25 PM
Getting completely lost...... Have "tried" two Foster & Stearns mattresses at home but did not like either..... Now my wife and I (both with back issues and side sleepers) are looking into Tempurpedic mattresses (I do not want to start a discussion regarding all the other brands out there). I have read more reviews than I probably should have (only drives you crazy), but have not found much about the Cloud Elite model, the model that we actually liked best in the stores we have been to (yes, I also know that a mattress will feel different once you get the same model home). Any experience with the Cloud Elite out there?
Re: tempurpedic cloud elite
Reply #2 Jan 26, 2015 8:12 PM
OCDUTCH,

Like you me and my wife are both side slepers with back issues mine more than hers. I have tried pretty much every matttress there is as I get to lay on them everyday. When it came time for me to buy I went with the Cloud Elite. It did not take much time for it to break in and feel like the ones in the store. Ultimately what it comes down to is what you like and reviews by others take them with a grain of salt.

Pros: it releived pressure off my shoulder which has a pretty bad tear in my rotator cuff. Gives me support and proper spinal alignment. It is just the right amount of softness for me. I found the Cloud Lux to be a little to soft for me as where the elite hits that perfect medium feel. No worries about the foams breaking down. If within 10 years it has an impression of 3/4 of an inch temperpedic will replace it with a currnt model.

Cons: strong odor when you first get. Solution is to removes the zip cover and let it air out for a day or two. Yes I took sheets off and remade bed completely and odor went away pretty quick. Others have told me takes up to two weeks. It is memory foam so when you are in a position for a while you sink into it. This actually helps so you are not disturbing the sleep cycle by moving threw the night.

Ultimately for me this mattress is priced right and teh perfect one. Other options would be an Icomfort but when it comes to the best feeling memory foam once you try a Temperpedic nothing else is as good.
Reply #3 Jan 28, 2015 7:45 AM
Hello, After reading the comments on here i thought i share this with you. As it seems you are suffering with pains and aches. Well I'm not sure about the Elite Mattress to be honest. But i have been suffering with the same issues my self, I have actual recovered thanks to the new gel mattress. Now i'm not sure if you have ever heard of the gel mattress before but i'm telling you its brill!
This message was modified Jan 28, 2015 by a moderator
Reply #4 Feb 13, 2015 4:35 PM
What's brill?
Reply #5 Feb 16, 2015 10:20 AM
Brilliant!  LOL

Recent Posts