Replacing a latex mattress
Dec 16, 2014 4:44 PM
Years ago after I was experiencing shoulder pain and numbness, and after a bit a research, we bought a Sealy Newport Beach king latex mattress.
With the exception of the incredible heat, this was one of the best purchases ever! It is now time for a replacement, but all of my info is dated.
Any help on suggesting a comparable replacement that is hopefully cooler would be appreciated. Of course, better is better, and right now all comparable options are on the table. Thanks.
Re: Replacing a latex mattress
Reply #1 Jan 31, 2015 6:32 PM
I'd get the same thing and add a layer of wool over it. 
Reply #2 Feb 18, 2015 6:36 AM
I use to sleep on a latex mattress my self, and had to face the same issue. I then decided to replace it and the type of mattress i went for was the memory foam mattress, now the reason i purchased this memory foam mattress was well one reason is that it was a recommendation from a friend of mine.
This message was modified Feb 18, 2015 by a moderator
Reply #3 Feb 27, 2015 11:38 AM
Sconnie.  Agree with previous poster.  Put wool under you and over the mattress if you want it a little cooler.  How old is the mattress?  If it still supports you properly you can control temperature rather easily.  Mattdud

Quote:

Years ago after I was experiencing shoulder pain and numbness, and after a bit a research, we bought a Sealy Newport Beach king latex mattress.
With the exception of the incredible heat, this was one of the best purchases ever! It is now time for a replacement, but all of my info is dated.
Any help on suggesting a comparable replacement that is hopefully cooler would be appreciated. Of course, better is better, and right now all comparable options are on the table. Thanks.

Recent Posts