How long will a mattress last?
Oct 30, 2014 6:13 PM
How long will a regular spring mattress last?
Re: How long will a mattress last?
Reply #1 Oct 31, 2014 2:52 PM
I was at a mattress store last week and saw a sign that said you should change your mattress every 8 years.
Reply #2 Nov 6, 2014 11:55 AM
Trickplay.  It depends on many things.  Mostly the quality of the internals of the mattress.  High strength steel, higher coil count, and appropirate gauge for number of coils all contribute to how long it will last.  It used to be that you could be reasonably certain that a mattress would last a long time if it were the top of the line.  This is not always the case.   It is adviseable to ask your retailer for the breakdown of the internals for the mattresses you are looking at.  Compare it to their other models and make a better decision.  Flippable mattresses that are flipped regularly will last a bit longer than one that is not flippable.  10+ years for flippable mattresses was pretty standard.  You can expect an average non flip mattress to last 6-8 years.  Of course, if you are a larger person or perform gymnastics on the mattress it will change the life expectancy.  Mattdud

Quote:

How long will a regular spring mattress last?
Reply #3 Nov 7, 2014 8:38 AM
Thanks! Now to decide what I want.
Reply #4 Sep 21, 2015 5:44 AM
Can depend on a lot. This is not only the quality, but how you care for it too. With simple care tips (which can be found online) a mattress should see you through around 8 years.
Reply #5 Oct 15, 2015 6:11 AM
Though many mattress companies promise a good 15-20 years warranty it is always best to switch your mattress every 8 years no matter how long you take care of it. If you are vigilant, you can check that too old mattress can disrupt your sleep patterns that can affect your sex life, memory, quality of sleep and many more. I have reviewed a lot of mattress and I know from experience that it is a wise decision to retire your bed every 8 years.

PS: Once you have made up your mind to switch to a new mattress make sure to change the box springs as well as the structure of springs also tend to wear off due to continuous use.

Recent Posts