Pure Bliss Latex Mattresses
Jun 11, 2011 4:28 PM
Hello to all:

I would really like to read about some reviews on this bed, I have done research and today purchased this bed, if you own a PBL bed I would love to hear from you.

Re: Pure Bliss Latex Mattresses
Reply #5 Sep 6, 2011 9:36 PM
 Was your model the firm or soft one?  I am thinking of getting the Bliss, Beautiful with an additional 3" latex topper.  It was amazing in the store.....i am nervous that i too will hate it cause its too soft in a few weeks.   

This message was modified Mar 2, 2016 by greenacres
Reply #6 Sep 7, 2011 1:08 PM
My husband and I LOVE our PLB.  We got the 11 inch N . Model and I got a 3inch topper for my side.  We have had the bed a little over a year now.  The mattress has held up well.  I also appriciate the fact that there is no -off gassing and that the company is certified against their products being toxic. So many other mattresses brands have toxins in them.  Its so nice to know we have a mattress that's comfortable, durable, and non toxic!!!   Also my husband sleeps HOT and in this bed he has been perfect!  We did get the comfort cool sheets but there not needed to have a perfect night sleep on this bed as it doesn't sleep hot like other mattress.  

The first couple of weeks we had the bed it seemed stiffer then in the store but I guess that is to be expected.  My husbands side of the bed has a little bit of an indent nothing bigger then 3/4 and inch and if there was the company would replace it no questions asked.  They have great customer service.  Check out latexbliss.com to learn more about the bed.   My side of the bed I use a topper so my side is perfectly flat no indent at all.  I would recommend a topper even though it is a durable bed and not likly to have the hammock effect.  Its nice to be able to change the topper after a couple of years and still have a perfectly good bed.  My friend had a latex bed for 20 years before they replaced it.  No hammock effect after all that time she said.  So latex really holds up over time.  

Over all I can't wait to get into bed every night love my Pure Latex Bliss!!!

Reply #7 Sep 8, 2011 3:07 PM
neiman wrote:

Yikes!  Was your model the firm or soft one?  I am thinking of getting the Bliss, Beautiful with an additional 3" latex topper.  It was amazing in the store.....i am nervous that i too will hate it cause its too soft in a few weeks.  This is soooo hard....   

You do want to be careful - I dont own a Bliss, but they have been my point of reference as I try to construct a DIY latex mattress. I also thought the softness in store was great - I liked the Nutrition model which has 2" 19 ILD over 2" 28 ILD.

I now have a 3" 28 ILD rejuvenite topper on my firm spring mattress, - felt good at first, but after a few weeks of sleeping, turns out it doenst have nearly enough support for me.  Im a back sleeper. Side sleeping wife likes it though.

For the same money, I think SleepEZ or another source that will do layer exchanges is a great way to go if you arent sure what will work for you.

Reply #8 Sep 8, 2011 7:01 PM
abeana wrote:

My husband and I LOVE our PLB.  We got the 11 inch N . Model and I got a 3inch topper for my side.  We have had the bed a little over a year now.  The mattress has held up well.  I also appriciate the fact that there is no -off gassing and that the company is certified against their products being toxic. So many other mattresses brands have toxins in them.  Its so nice to know we have a mattress that's comfortable, durable, and non toxic!!!   Also my husband sleeps HOT and in this bed he has been perfect!  We did get the comfort cool sheets but there not needed to have a perfect night sleep on this bed as it doesn't sleep hot like other mattress.  

The first couple of weeks we had the bed it seemed stiffer then in the store but I guess that is to be expected.  My husbands side of the bed has a little bit of an indent nothing bigger then 3/4 and inch and if there was the company would replace it no questions asked.  They have great customer service.  Check out latexbliss.com to learn more about the bed.   My side of the bed I use a topper so my side is perfectly flat no indent at all.  I would recommend a topper even though it is a durable bed and not likly to have the hammock effect.  Its nice to be able to change the topper after a couple of years and still have a perfectly good bed.  My friend had a latex bed for 20 years before they replaced it.  No hammock effect after all that time she said.  So latex really holds up over time.  

Over all I can't wait to get into bed every night love my Pure Latex Bliss!!!

All I can say is WOW! Thanks for dropping by and leaving us your rave review, abeana! You should be getting paid for making a commerical!

Reply #9 Sep 8, 2011 9:46 PM
I went and layed on one today and wow.. I loved it.  now just have to justify the price to myself.
Reply #10 Sep 12, 2011 1:22 PM
I too have seen the Pure Bliss at a local Minneapolis store. Their prices locally were high IMO, but I found that the beds on HealthBack.com are actually made by PureBliss for Healthy Back. Check out their online prices.

I would like to find some more info on how they hold up over time. I too liked the PureBliss in the store, but the prices scared me away. I'm looking at either DIY at FBM or Healthy Back at this point.

Reply #11 Sep 13, 2011 4:14 PM
tyeske wrote:

I too have seen the Pure Bliss at a local Minneapolis store. Their prices locally were high IMO, but I found that the beds on HealthBack.com are actually made by PureBliss for Healthy Back. Check out their online prices.

I would like to find some more info on how they hold up over time. I too liked the PureBliss in the store, but the prices scared me away. I'm looking at either DIY at FBM or Healthy Back at this point.

For the price, why lot look at SleepEZ?

I'm in the process of finding what works for me and Ive been sleeping on a latex topper to see if latex works - loved the softness in the store, but its not working to sleep on for me. But my wife likes it. So I now see value in having the swappable layers and customizable sides like SleepEZ offers. I would hate to have purchased a Bliss mattress and be locked in  to the retailer (they are found at sleepys locally, where you can only do a store credit.)

Whatever you choose, I think the return/exchange policy is very important to consider.

Reply #12 Sep 13, 2011 10:22 PM
I'm looking for a King size and I can replicate a PLB Pamper for about $1000 at FBM or the nature for under $1200. I can still swap out the layers if necessary with FBM.

The sleepez King 8500 is over $2K and the HealthyBack Pamper is $2200 or Nature is $2900. Last week Healty Back had 30% off, so it was much more attractive last week.

Reply #13 Dec 5, 2011 12:03 PM
proof1st-

Keep in mind that an all latex mattress (all layers) feels different than a latex topper, so just be sure you try one in store or that you get one with a return policy just in case!

Reply #14 Dec 5, 2011 2:31 PM
I sell mattresses and do not carry Pure Bliss, but I have heard some awesome reviews from customer in my area about them... I agree about the return/exchange policy. Remember that no matter where or what you buy, sleeping on a new mattress WILL aLMOST ALWAYS cause some soreness during the first couple of weeks as both your back and the bed are being conditioned (or broken in). The worse your last mattress was, the more distinct the pain will be typically when your back muscles are required to work so drastically different than how they had been.

The truth is you may relax much quicker that first couple of weeks, but wake up feeling a little sore... after about 2-3 weeks (I usually suggest about 5-6 in memory foam, especially Tempurpedic) if it is still causing soreness... RETURN or EXCHANGE!

Sleep well "meand3"

Recent Posts