Please help with mattress selection - need bigger bed, firm, under $1500, no surgery
Aug 7, 2010 9:34 PM
Hello.  I'm been reading the forums and I'm following on a lot of things like we don't want to get a soft top because it's better to just get it separately.  But I'm lacking on ideas for what mattress to buy if we are looking for innerspring without having to do surgery.

We are moving to a king sized bed.  We are 165lbs and 115lbs.  Need a king because we wake each other up with even the slightest touch.  We have a select comfort now and we both keep it at it's firmest.  Still get some backaches, but that could be from posture, exercise, etc - not necessarily the bed.  So I think we would be fine with ye old firm mattress with a topper on my side.  :)

We don't want to waste money as mattresses are supposed to last for 10 years.  On the other hand, we are looking to spend about $1500.  We will need box springs and frame too - we don't have any of the king sized stuff. 

Any suggestions on mattresses?  I checked Costco and they have some options, but I just don't know how to tell what's inside and if it's going to wear down in a year.  We are also nearby an Ikea if that helps. 

Thanks for the help!

This message was modified Aug 7, 2010 by biggerbed
Re: Please help with mattress selection - need bigger bed, firm, under $1500, no surgery
Reply #1 Aug 7, 2010 11:08 PM
I suggest visiting the IKEA and checking out the SULTAN ERFJORD mattress.  Also consider forgoing the boxspring and trying out a platform bed.  That will probably result in a firmer feel.

SULTAN ERFJORD mattress - $999

HEMNES bed - $249

SULTAN LADE slats - $50

Good luck!

Recent Posts