Please advise on new mattress- I'm confused.
Oct 20, 2014 7:51 PM
Started researching mattesses and I am more confused now then when I started. Just got rid of king Tempurpedic because I HATED the off gassing smell. I can't afford a Hastens, so what is the next best choice for a mattress with organic or natural components? I would prefer to stay away from latex (unless it was natural and didn't off gas) and memory foam, but only see Hastens that does that, and as I said - they are too expensive. My rural area only has mattress warehouse stores who don't even know what organic is or what their own mattresses are made of. Thanks much!<br>Mark in KY
This message was modified Oct 20, 2014 by Confused320
Re: Please advise on new mattress- I'm confused.
Reply #1 Oct 22, 2014 10:59 AM
Confused.  Sorry to hear that you discarded your Tempurpedic.  Eventually the smell goes away on all memory foam and latex products.  It just takes a while sometimes.  No matter what you get these days it will have flame retardent chemicals in it that make it less than organic.  If you want to insulate yourself a bit I have seen many people here use a wool mattress pad.  Mattdud.

Quote:

Started researching mattesses and I am more confused now then when I started. Just got rid of king Tempurpedic because I HATED the off gassing smell. I can't afford a Hastens, so what is the next best choice for a mattress with organic or natural components? I would prefer to stay away from latex (unless it was natural and didn't off gas) and memory foam, but only see Hastens that does that, and as I said - they are too expensive. My rural area only has mattress warehouse stores who don't even know what organic is or what their own mattresses are made of. Thanks much!<br>Mark in KY

Recent Posts