Original Mattress Factory Orthopedic Questions: Anyone own one?
Mar 2, 2010 3:12 PM
Hi. New member here but I've been lurking for about two weeks learning as much about mattresses as I can.

I was wondering if anyone here has any first-hand experience with the Original Mattress Factory Luxury Firm Orthopedic model. It's a somewhat thickly, but certainly not plush, padded mattress with 12.75 gauge coils. I find the mattress extremely comfortable in the store, but of course have concerns about wear and tear, impressions, etc. I also like their Regency model which has innersprings with more give since they are 14.5 gauge.

I've been reading reviews on the internet which frankly haven't been kind to the Orthopedic model. However, most of the reviews have been for plush or pillowtop models which start to sag, which I can't really blame on the manufacturer. Anyone here have any first-hand experience with the Orthopedic Luxury Firm model at the Original Mattress Factory?
Re: Original Mattress Factory Orthopedic Questions: Anyone own one?
Reply #6 Mar 3, 2010 2:42 PM
I could go with their Regency model which has 3/4 inch of PU foam and 1.25 inches of high-density foam. Also the springs would be softer since they are 14 gauge. Is this more advisable?

Recent Posts