Not completely happy with Tempurpedic Contour Allura after almost two months. Seems way too firm.
Jul 1, 2014 9:22 PM
I've had the contour allura for about 7 weeks. At the store it was reccomend because of my weight 275lbs, the HD foam would provide good support. At the store the matteres was very comfortable and it felt like it complelty contoured to my body, I slowly sank in and it felt great. Not very frim but not too soft. The first few weeks I slept on mine it was very firm, I would wake up with alot of back pain and being a side sleeper my should would also have alot of pain. It feels that my shoulders do not sink in, legs don't either. 7 weeks not and it has softened up a little but nothing like  it was in the store. I'm pretty disapointed and don't see how this is worth over $5k. It feels like a pillow top on a hard gym mat. I don't get the sinking in or conforming feeling. How long does the Allura take to break in? Would the Cloud Allura be any better? If not what other models should I look at. I like a soft matteress but don't want to too soft where my hips sink in and I feel like I'm lying on a hill. I have a month left to return it. Thanks for any advice in advance. 

I am using the tempurpedic matteress protector. I dont know if that makes a difference. 

This message was modified Jul 1, 2014 by wave1911
Re: Not completely happy with Tempurpedic Contour Allura after almost two months. Seems way too firm.
Reply #3 Jul 25, 2014 3:52 PM
Good_Sleep wrote:

I have the Allura.  Have you tried walking on it?  Mine was firm as hell for quite awhile.  I weigh 150lbs.  

You may be best served in the long run by keeping it.  It will soften more over time.  It is a very resilient foam.  That's why mine still looks new after 6 years.

Try walking on it to condition and soften the foam more.  Seems like mine took forever to condition.  You'll get used to it after awhile.

The protector won't make any difference.  And if you bought it from a local store, I bet they won't have a problem extending your in home trial.  If not, threatin them with returning the whole thing.

Goodsleep.  How long did you need to walk on your mattress before it felt good?  Or did you just give it time with regular sleeping - in that case how long did that take?  Mattdud

Recent Posts