Need a Great Innerspring Mattress
Aug 8, 2014 4:57 AM
Hi, I'm looking to get a really good quality innerspring mattress to go with a soft, latex topper to create my bed. I'm not sure where to start, as mattress stores & salesmen aren't too helpful.

Here's some things I'm looking for:

• Queen size
  • As minimal of included padding as possible, as I'll be using my latext topper for cushioning (I'm assuming 3" should be OK here?). This seems to be the toughest issue.
  • Really good quality innersprings (pocketed coil?)
  • I need really good support, as am a side sleeper and have bad back. I don't know if it is automatically considered 'firm' if I get minimal foam?!? I'm also pretty thin/light.
  • I live in SoCal (LA) in case I need to be able to pick-up or have delivered
  • I'm open to local/non-major brands if they have great reputation and quality standards
  • I would like a good warranty and company that stands behind product

I appreciate any help or direction on where to look.

Thanks a lot!

Re: Need a Great Innerspring Mattress
Reply #1 Aug 13, 2014 2:48 PM
Kennyh.  You want a firm to extra firm mattress if you are going to go this way.  Give us a choice between a few and we can help.  Mattdud.
Reply #2 Aug 15, 2014 3:17 AM
Thanks for the reply. It's a bit challenging to figure out where to find something like this and really know what I'm getting. I posted something elsewhere and was advised to just call a bunch of local mattress makers to see if they make anything like what I'm looking for. But it's a bit challenging with my work schedule to have much time during the week for a ton of calling/driving around.

I'll see if I run across anything...

This message was modified Aug 15, 2014 by a moderator
Reply #3 Sep 7, 2014 9:10 AM
Englander

or a local manufacturer depending on where you are

also depends on how firm (low-gauge steel) you want it

and what type of coils 

offset (open), pocket, etc

there are a lot of variables

Reply #4 Oct 7, 2014 1:50 AM
Hii Kenny,
Recently, I have visited a store in Edmonton's name was Luxurious Bed and Linens buy some mattress for my home. They have different type of mattress at good quality, and prices are also affordable for everyone. I think you should visit this store you can also get that address on the Internet.
Reply #5 Oct 20, 2014 10:44 AM
I would recommend a Somnium, as it meets all of your requirements.
-They have queen-size beds.
-There is minimal (although thoroughly sufficient) padding, as the mattress is only 8 inches thick.
-The innersprings are unmatched in quality and design.
-Somniums have a firm and regular rating. The firm is a great setting for you
-The mattress is manufactured in Venice, California.
-Their reputation is great and they have as high of standards as you'll find anywhere.
-Somnium stands behind their product and there's a warranty.

Recent Posts