Nature's Rest Sea Breeze
Oct 25, 2007 2:12 PM
Hello to all of you searching for or currently enjoying a great night's sleep. :)

My husband and I just purchased a king size Nature's Rest Sea Breeze mattress and have slept on it twice. Both nights, I have been pleased. However, I realize that two nights is hardly enough to form a solid opinion. My DH seems satisfied so far as well.

I found this forum yesterday (what timing!) and have been reading for hours everything I could find about latex mattresses. I was hoping to find specific comments about the Sea Breeze, but haven't had the good fortune to run across them, so I decided to join up and post my own thread. :)

Here are the "label specifics" from the mattress: 60% Latex Core covered with anti-microbial slick 2% poly -- Latex 30%, PU foam 7%, polyester fiber 1%

I don't see anything about ILD ratings, etc. After reading so many of the knowledgeable posts here, I am beginning to feel apprehensive about this purchase. It was so expensive (for us anyway) and I desperately want it to work, but am concerned about the "sagging, body indentations, back pain, hammock" effects. We bought it from Jordan's Furniture and are allowed to return it after 30 days, but I am wondering if even 30 days is long enough to really know if we're going to be happy in the long run.

Does anyone here have a "store bought" Nature's Rest mattress? If you do, what has been your experience with it thus far? Are you satisfied? Does anyone have the Sea Breeze in particular or have an opinion of it?

Thanks so much for reading. I am looking forward to reading any and all replies. :)
Re: Nature's Rest Sea Breeze
Reply #9 Oct 30, 2007 11:19 PM
Sleepsound,

The Four Seasons  is indeed a straight Spring Air line. It comes as a hybrid (coils and foam) or all latex. We are enjoying the all latex type.

Jordans Furniture is an excellent place to buy. A no pressure sale is so refreshing and the store has a great reputation. I hope the mattress holds up well for you.

Latex is very resilient and holds up so well. I mentioned the weight situation because any mattress wear out quicker under these conditions. Latex is still a great choice though. Remember to rotate it faithfully for the best use.

It is funny how Latex is becoming so popular now. Thirty-five years ago my parents had a latex mattress for my mothers asthma. we also had five twin latex beds for the asmathic children in the family. Those mattresses all lasted 20 years or more. Suddenly, it seems, people are catching on. Of course back then it was considered a "medical mattress" and was covered by health insurance. Now wouldn't THAT be nice?!!?

Reply #10 Oct 31, 2007 10:31 PM
Wow -- I wish I had known about the Spring Air latex line! I would have tried those out too. Oh well, I guess I'll know better when the next mattress-buying opportunity comes up. We should, sometime soon, replace a couple of mattresses in the guest rooms, so I will be a little more choosy then.

I had no idea latex mattresses had been around for so long. The fact they are good for folks with respiratory problems (allergies, asthma etc) was a compelling feature for me. I have had allergies for most of my life and they seem to get worse instead of better. That would be incredible if a doc could just write a "prescription" for one for medical purposes and have insurance cover the cost! Well, we can dream. :)

I would love for my Mother to have one. She has rheumatoid arthritis (severe) and respiratory problems which require the regular use of inhalers and oral medication. She has a difficult time resting on a regular innerspring mattress. I am going to convince her she needs to try ours when she visits so she can see for herself how great they are.

I am feeling encouraged by coming here and talking to you, so thanks. I was ready to send it back on day 31 -- I had nearly convinced myself I'd made a big mistake. We absolutely will rotate on schedule to help it wear evenly. Also, yet ANOTHER good reason to start dieting/exercising!!
Reply #11 Nov 1, 2007 2:56 AM
What toolbar? I'm looking! But, where??

haysdb wrote:
On the very right end of the toolbar is a smiley face. Click on that and you get a dialog with about 20 smilies.
Reply #12 Nov 1, 2007 3:25 PM
Hello BeddyBye!

The toolbar shows up when you click "post reply" -- it is just above the window where you type your message. It is a little smiley face at the end of the toolbar right beneath the "Your Message:".

HTH
Reply #13 Nov 2, 2007 3:17 AM
Hmmm...I guess they left it out on my computer. :( I tried clicking on Post Reply and didn't see a toolbar or smiley faces. So, I clicked on Quote like I always do. Still no toolbar. :(

Sleepsound wrote:
Hello BeddyBye!<BR><BR>The toolbar shows up when you click &quot;post reply&quot; -- it is just above the window where you type your message. It is a little smiley face at the end of the toolbar right beneath the &quot;Your Message:&quot;.<BR><BR>HTH
Reply #14 Nov 2, 2007 1:31 PM
Foam Nerd
BeddyBye wrote:
Hmmm...I guess they left it out on my computer. :( I tried clicking on Post Reply and didn't see a toolbar or smiley faces. So, I clicked on Quote like I always do. Still no toolbar. :(

Right below "Your Message:" is there a small triangle? If there is, click on it to "Expand Toolbar"
Reply #15 Nov 3, 2007 10:38 PM
On our second week now and still pretty happy. I am sleeping much better than I did on our Kingsdown innerspring mattress.

Something interesting I wanted to point out to any who may be reading this and considering one of these mattresses. It IS flippable. I did not think it was until I read more about it. The mattress information sheet says the other side is more firm and the mattress can be flipped for those who prefer a firmer sleep surface. Veeeerrry interesting!
Reply #16 Nov 4, 2007 1:37 AM
Nope. No triangle. Nothin'. :(

haysdb wrote:
Right below &quot;<b>Your Message:</b>&quot; is there a small triangle? If there is, click on it to &quot;Expand Toolbar&quot;
Reply #17 Nov 4, 2007 6:17 PM
Beddy Bye, that's just bizarre! 

What internet browser are you using? Maybe that has something to do with it??
Reply #18 Nov 5, 2007 2:51 PM
IE on AOL. That is strange because as a rule, I always am able to use little smileys and icons on other forums. But then, this new message board is "unique" for the lack of a better word. :)

Lindsay

Sleepsound wrote:
Beddy Bye, that's just bizarre!  <BR><BR>What internet browser are you using? Maybe that has something to do with it??

Recent Posts