Natura mattresses
Feb 18, 2012 10:48 PM
hello folks, im new here obviously by looking at my post count haha. im stressed out at this point and kind of dont know what to do. i had a tempurpedic cloud, hated it, it offered no back support to lower back, and am in pain. ive been to the chiropractor and feel great until the next morning after i wake up it hurts again, he said the mattress is not supporting me. i took the cloud back and got an innerspring mattress, stressopedic, and it feels NOTHING like the floor model, stupid me they have no return policy nor exchange. come to find out the floor model was 3 years old and nicely broken down to feel softer then it really is. 1100 dollars down the drain and im sick of the firm mattress i have its killing me by over supporting me, my shoulders hurt, my hips hurt, i hate it. Natura has been a mattress ive wanted since i stumbled upon them a few years back. ive been browsing around and am keeping my limit at about 2400 bucks. I will be buying blind on this since there is nothing in my area, but found an online company that excepts returns which im willing to try. i need a mattress that is firm enough to support me but soft enough to relieve everything that hurts. Natura's latex mattresses have wool on top i imagine to help keep the pushback down, judging from this scale http://www.olejostores.com/ComfortScale.aspx what would be just right for me, im 135 pounds so im not large, not even average at best but have no idea what these feel like, this is the one ive been looking at http://www.olejomattress.com/natura_dream_luxury_latex_mattress-12255.aspx who has a natura mattress that can help me out, i just want to buy one nice mattress and hope it last me as long as i need it to. thanks all for any help you may provide me, i just want to sleep in a bed, im sick of the couch.
Re: Natura mattresses
Reply #1 Feb 19, 2012 11:13 AM
Im not an expert - not by any means - but have been reading A LOT over last few weeks...If your firm mattress is good for your spine & keeping it aligned  (you ,didnt mention any current back pain) but just has too little padding for comfort at the shoulders and hips, then iI think this bed is a good candidate for just putting a good 2 or 3 inch topper over it.      I too am struggling with how to keep spine straight (when lying on back) while at the same time having enough softness to not kill my other joints while lying on the side.  It can be hard to find a happy medium.  You can get a nice wool/latex topper for a whole lot less than another new bed!  (I may be wrong but I think Natura has some.)  And that approach allows you to make further adjustments if necessary.

One strategy Im considering is exactly that - getting a firm coil mattress with too little padding and then playing around with various toppers.  What I've been reading suggests that most mattresses with pillow tops or a lot of built in padding are to be avoided, since the foam in the padding isn't usually the best and tends to compress and leave indentations (while the springs may still be good). 

I just starting shopping for latex toppers - the person at sleep like a bear dot com was VERY helpful -assessing weight, sleep patterns etc.

Reply #2 Feb 19, 2012 4:22 PM
Yeah I would just buy a topper or two. We bought a new bed last year and I have hated it because it's too firm. Tried putting a 2-1/2-inch memory foam topper on it which made it tolerable but still not great. Recently added a 4-inch alternative down topper from The Company Store on top of the memory foam and now it's awesome. Very soft and comfortable but at the same time enough support too. If that didn't work though I was going to replace the memory foam with latex. The toppers were a lot less money and hassle than buying another bed that may or may not work (and then might need more toppers anyway). 
Reply #3 Feb 19, 2012 7:47 PM
thanks for the replies, my mattress is on a platform bed i bought from www.tatamiroom.com and its a 13 inch mattress, adding a topper will put the mattress close to the top of the headboard which really sucks since my pillow will fall back off the bed and look ridiculous, i have a natura comfort plus wool topper on order right now its 4 weeks away, and returnable with the company i ordered from if it doesnt work, im getting my ducks in a row at this point, the mattress i have now is like death, it hurts my back really bad, worse then the tempurpedic cloud, due to it being over supportative, its built really well with 744 springs, 6 coils per spring 14 gauage spring wires, its got alot of padding atleast 5 inches of material if not more... but its just brutal to even mess with. thats why im looking for a mattress all together and eat the lose or sell it for a few hundred and hope someone buys it, it just doesnt work for me at this point, im gonna wait for the topper but am finding my worse case senerio option on a new mattress by natura
Reply #4 Mar 30, 2012 7:56 PM
We bought a Natura Sensation bed 2 years ago. When we got it home and laid on it for the first time we found it wasn't nearly as soft as the floor model. We're still waiting for it to soften up. 2 months ago we went back to our old mattress and have been sleeping better. Went back to the mattress store and they have not heard of any complaints, maybe I should point out this sight to them. They gave us a 2" foam topper to try, after 2 nights we are both feeling that the bed is a brick. Was thinking about a TP cloud luxe, but after reading some of their reviews, not sure that is a great idea either. I'm 150lbs and my wife is 115. She is in more pain than I am.

Recent Posts