moving to oklahoma buying mattresses - need help
Apr 30, 2010 11:02 PM
After reading tons on this site I am very intriguied by flobeds. BUT...

Basically, we are moving to Oklahoma, in need of new mattresses (1 king, 1 crib, probably 1 double) and I have requirements/questions...

1- I was thinking latex for the king because of offgassing and comfort.  Both my husband and I are side sleepers. I have some serious pressure point issues (shoulder, hip). I definitely do not want PU foam.

2- We currently sleep with an 8 month old, and will likely sleep with another little one a couple of years.  Our 3 yr old sleeps in a crib, but will be moving to a double bed. Our current mattress is IKEA latex, the cheapest one, very thin, and my shoulder and hips ache every morning. Also, I should add my husband needs a bed that will deal well with sweat ;)

3- Should I worry about buying organic if I buy latex? The allergies/chenicals issue really matters to me.  Can anyone recommend a quality organic crib mattress?

4- My husband doesn't like the idea of buying online.  He wants to be able to lay on it in a store first.  Can anyone recommend stores in Oklahoma where we can lay on beds somewhat comparable to those online -- like flobeds?  Does anyone know of organic/more natural mattresses in oklahoma?

5- I found one furniture store selling "LADY AMERICANA/Eco Comfort King Mattress/Eco Comfort Sanctuary King Mattress" ever heard of this?

Thanks so much.  All of the postings in this forum are so helpful. I am totally ovewhelmed with moving across the country with 2 kids and no beds!

Re: moving to oklahoma buying mattresses - need help
Reply #1 Apr 30, 2010 11:38 PM
1.  We have a Lady Americana out at our cabin.  It is very supportive, but very firm and we are thinking of putting a topper on it.  Lady Americana did have a reputation for being firm when we got ours (our bed is quite old but in good shape because of infrequent use), I don't know if they still are.

2.  Perhaps you could convince your husband that buying a Flobeds online is better than lying on a few mattresses for a short time in showrooms, given Flobeds generous return policy.  This way he can try it out in the comfort of his own home.

3.  Since you are side sleepers and you have sensitive hips and shoulders, Flobeds does have a model with a vZone layer that I think might be appropriate for you.  As far as I know, they are the only online company that offers a zoned layer.

Diane

Reply #2 May 1, 2010 12:36 AM
I second Diane's response.

I purchased a Fobeds on line and I have never been disapointed. I layed on several mattresses in a S&F store where I live but soon found out it was made out of synthetic foam. With Flowbeds generous return and exchange policy it is hard to go wrong with them. Give them a call and see what you think. Have your husband give them a call and talk to Dave Turner or his son Dewey. They own the company.

This message was modified May 1, 2010 by eagle2
Reply #3 May 1, 2010 9:15 AM
Movingmommy, 

As to your question #3........no one makes a better organic crib mattress than Savvy Rest. 

Philip

Recent Posts