Marriott and Heavenly Bed alternatives???
Jun 14, 2008 10:50 AM
i am in love with the marriott bed, and heard that the westin heavenly bed is even better, however i don't want to wait the 8 weeks that it takes for these 2 to ship, what are some commercially available alternatives?? i read somewhere that the simmons beauty rest was comparable, but there are like a million simmons beauty rests!! thanks...
Re: Marriott and Heavenly Bed alternatives???
Reply #1 Jun 14, 2008 1:08 PM
Simmons is not only comparable, they are the manufacturer of the Heavenly bed.

The Heavenly bed used to be the similar to the top-end World Class Beautyrest but now I would look at the Beautyrest Black series.

Just be aware that many of us have had problems with foam pillow top mattresses having pre-mature body impressions.

Also be aware that while Simmons is arguably the best of the "S" companies, none of the top name brands are making mattresses anywhere near the quality they used to.
Reply #2 Jun 14, 2008 11:31 PM
The Marriott bed is made by Jamison.  If you live in the southeast, you might find a furniture store that carries Jamison mattresses.  Just go to jamisonbedding.com.
Reply #3 Jun 15, 2008 2:26 AM
I saw this from a site who sells Simmons. These people have a Q&A feature. Here is the website: http://www.sdmattress.com/

and the Westin question below:

Q: I am interested in purchasing something similar to the Westin bed. What Simmons beds are comparable?
- Amy, Madison, WI 10/11/07

A: Hi Amy, The Heavenly Bed! So popular because it is built to feel comfortable and supportive to any sleeping position(side/back/stomach). AND a lot of people get to try it for a whole night before they buy it. Sleeping on a mattress for a whole night is a much better way to shop! For the exact equivalent to the Simmons Beautyrest Westin Heavenly Bed, check out our Classic Dakar Pillowtop at http://sdmattress.com/store/index.php?prodid=642. The Dakar PT has the same exact foam layers and coil construction for the same Heavenly Bed feel. The Dakar PT is available for $849 Queen set, $1,199 King set. For the next level of quality Simmons has to offer, we recommend the World Class Lusaka Visco Plush at http://sdmattress.com/store/index.php?prodid=674. The Lusaka Visco Plush has the same foam layers with the exception of a 5/8" layer of Visco memory foam. Visco is a dense foam that gives firm support in the upholstery and helps relieve pressure point stress. Additionally, the World Class models feature a stronger coil construction for firmer support and more motion separation. Together, the coils and memory foam work together to give the Lusaka Plush both comfort and support for that Heavenly type feel. The World Class Visco Plush is avialable for $1,199 queen set, $1,499 King set. All prices include mattress, foundation, nationwide shipping in 2-3 weeks, white glove delivery and installation, and free sales tax(Except in NC and CA). Check these models out and call us toll free at 866-799-0048 if you have any more questions or would like to place an order. Thnaks for your question! Kind regards, Greg and Katy Law www.sdmattress.com 866-799-0048
- Greg and Katy Law 10/12/07

angiepharm wrote:
i am in love with the marriott bed, and heard that the westin heavenly bed is even better, however i don't want to wait the 8 weeks that it takes for these 2 to ship, what are some commercially available alternatives?? i read somewhere that the simmons beauty rest was comparable, but there are like a million simmons beauty rests!! thanks...
Reply #4 Jun 27, 2008 11:18 PM
I have a Heavenly Bed and it is a good quality bed.

If I were a stomach or back sleeper, the bed would be perfect.

But I am a side sleeper, and I need something a bit more soft.  That is the reason I am looking for a mattress topper.  I even tried out a latex mattress tonight but it didn't seem softer than the Heavenly Bed.
This message was modified Sep 23, 2014 by a moderator

Recent Posts