Just Received My New VI-Spring. But Some Questions.
Jun 21, 2011 9:22 AM
After an 8 week wait, we finally received our VI Spring Tiara Supreme 3 days ago. It is an absolutely gorgeous bed and is incredibly comfortable. We opted for 2 twin XL's to make a king. And they zip together. This is an incredible feature. My side is medium but my wife has a firm. She is thrilled and is raving about it. But I am not as enthusiastic. This bed is soft. Seemingly softer than in the showroom. I fall asleep in two seconds flat and have gotten 3 very good nights sleep. However I have lower back pain upon waking. I am a side sleeper and feel that my hip sinks into the bed a drop too much causing my body to make a slight "V" shape if that makes sense. I believe this is the cause of my discomfort. I called VI Spring directly to discuss this and they were very eager to help. They told me that there is so much filling in a bed like this that it will go through a settling period and the feeling will change quite a bit. That given time this problem will likely go away. Does this make sense??? Does anyone have any similar experiences? If I am not happy they will switch it for a firm. But the firm feels too firm for me to be comfortable. I guess it has only been three days. Any opinions or guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Just Received My New VI-Spring. But Some Questions.
Reply #7 Oct 24, 2011 1:59 AM
#sleeptight - I noticed you said it seemed softer then in the showroom. Can I ask what what sort of frame you have it placed on the matching Divan from Vi-Spring or do you have it on sitting European slats?

The mattress is very heavy I know we have two Vi-Spring Magnificence we bought in 2005 and a Sublime we just bought today but, moving on. 

When we bought them we tried it on the European Slats they can't support it's weight and yours. We went an bought a divan for it the next day & have been Very pleased with all of them!

P.S. Sorry to hear it took eight weeks for you to receive it, there really is no excuse for that.

Re: Just Received My New VI-Spring. But Some Questions.
Reply #8 Jun 1, 2013 5:46 AM
Hi Sleeptight,

Can you update us on your experience so far?  I have the same lower back pain caused by this V shape you refer to. I am considering to buy the Magnificence VI spring model but want to be sure this will solve my back pain issue.  So far my mattresses were too soft and my hip sinks too deep although I only weight 70kg.

Thanks!

Recent Posts