How much should I feel the springs in a brand new bed?
Feb 8, 2014 4:56 PM
I bought a bed brand new but its pretty uncomfortable. It was a very cheap model and Im just wondering if it should be like this at all. The springs dig into me a fair bit and its also quite irritating when I move my knees or elbows as they brush past the springs. Im not picky about bed comfort but should you be able to feel springs in a brand new bed at all? Also the surface of the bed tends to sick up under some of the springs sometimes but it can be pushed back down.
Re: How much should I feel the springs in a brand new bed?
Reply #1 Feb 16, 2014 9:08 PM
If at all possible you need to return the thing. You should not be able to feel the springs on a new bed. 
Reply #2 Feb 21, 2014 2:23 PM
You should not be feeling the springs in your new bed but if you are then chances are that you bought one without a lot of padding. If you bought it from a bedding store then I would go back to them as you are entitled to a comfort exchange.
This message was modified Feb 21, 2014 by a moderator
Reply #3 Feb 25, 2014 8:42 PM
You folks must have missed the 'very cheap model' part.  So yes, you got what you paid for.  Add a topper to it, and remember, next time you go cheap, it costs more in the long run.  With a topper you might get a year of uncomfortable sleep.

Sorry I had to be the bearer of bad news (but honest to say the least).

Reply #4 Feb 27, 2014 1:59 PM
You are right.  Supporting "bearer of bad news" the operative phrase was "very cheap"  As suggested, you should either return it or consider getting a high quality mattress topper.  Depending on the manufacturer where you got the mattress, you may find that you pay a sizable chunk of your purchase to return it, so I would suggest that you consider the Topper, depending on your finances.  I am not talking about a mattress pad with a little thicker padding, but rather a full fledged mattress topper between 2 and 3 inches in thickness.  Many people make them and you can google mattress toppers to find them.  Be advised you may spend as much on a good topper as you did your bed, but that said, if you return the bed and pay restocking, and buy another cheap mattress, you have gained nothing.  So this may be a good alternative

Recent Posts