Green Sleep vs. mid-range Dunlop latex (Latex Gold)
Mar 13, 2011 12:56 PM
Everything I've read suggests that Green Sleep makes an excellent mattress with some of the purest Dunlop latex available on the market.

What about Latex Gold?  If I like the feel, is the latex purity comparable?  Latex Gold is about 40% cheaper than Green Sleep for a fairly similar product.  My primary concern is VOCs, etc.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Re: Green Sleep vs. mid-range Dunlop latex (Latex Gold)
Reply #1 Mar 13, 2011 6:46 PM
Unless Latex Gold comes with an organic cotton velour fabric milled in Germany, PH7 texel wool, and a highly functional euro dowel base system then it isn't really comparable.  The Green Sleep rubber is maybe a little bit better in terms of how they can make dunlop latex a little softer than most brands using injection moulding techniques to make their rubber cores, but the true cost difference lies in all the other components.  Whether or not all of these things are worth it to you in the end is a whole other matter.  Usually when you compare the mattress only pricing between the two you will see that Green Sleeps pricing is actually very reasonable for what it is, but the dowelling system provides a much higher level of ergonomics than rubber alone can accomplish on a solid platform base.
Reply #2 Mar 13, 2011 7:10 PM
Thanks - that's helpful.  Am I crazy for buying a platform bed instead of the Green Sleep foundation?  Given that a king-size foundation is approaching $2000, it doesn't seem like a great investment, but perhaps I'm missing something.
Reply #3 Mar 14, 2011 12:16 AM
I wouldn't say you are crazy for considering it, just know that the mattress will feel a little different without it.  obviously the price difference becomes a lot smaller when looking at mattress only.  which particular model of Green Sleep are you considering?

Recent Posts