Green Sleep Mattresses
Aug 26, 2011 11:54 PM
Hello,

I had recently been looking to replace my twin mattress (had it for years..very saggy now) with a new one.  Initially I had been looking at getting a Simmons Beautyrest mattress as my brother has one and it seems very good (had for several years now and not sagging at all).  In doing my research into Simmons, as well as the other S brands, I had become very unhappy for several reasons.  It appears that new mattresses these days from S brands come with low quality foam boxing in the inner coil springs and are prone to early failure.  This was contrary to what a sales person had led me to believe.  The other thing that really got me was that all the names for the mattresses varied from retailer to retailer.  That to me was just low (but I'm sure you all know that).

Anyways while doing more research I came across two brands of latex mattresses, Natura and Green Sleep.  I have found some positive reviews of Natura and they seem to be gaining traction in industry, but have found little on Green Sleep.  I tried both brands in person and loved both of them.

Can anyone provide reviews on Green Sleep mattreses, more specifically there Molena or Saluna models?  I found the combination latex and innerspring construction more comfortable than just all latex.

Also, does anyone have opinions on whether the Green Sleep foundation would be absolutely required?  The set would be way over my budget so I was thinking of substituting a slat foundation from Flo-Bed or Natura or IKEA.

Thanks very much for your help (so glad I found this place before purchasing).

Re: Green Sleep Mattresses
Reply #1 Aug 27, 2011 1:15 AM
With regards to comparing GreenSleep to Natura its pretty different.  Natura does not offer any innerspring mattresses that are near the quality of the Green Sleep models...in truth the only other brand that I know of that does an all latex pillow top in conjunction with a spring system that can really compare to what GreenSleep has availabe is Carpe Diem, although they are not a certified organic mattress either (although still natural).  

I would not say that the GreenSleep foundations are absolutely required but it is one of the things that really sets them apart from the rest of the crowd.  All of the worlds best beds have flexible base systems, whether or not you will notice a tremendous difference is hard to say.  One thing is for sure when you look at the mattress only pricing they really blow away a lot of their competition in terms of what you get for the price.  The way those coil beds are constructed is pretty labour intensive, the quality of the wool, and cotton in particular are much higher quality than what you typically find in any mattress, and their rubber is supposed to be some of the best if not the best around.  Although that is somewhat subjective as some will find softer talalay latexes to simply be more comfortable (depends on preference). 

Natura is a pretty big brand these days but they are less focused than GreenSleep. GreenSleep does not do any advertising and most likely never will, they exclusively build high end natural beds, where as Natura builds good quality mattresses with a hugely varying amount of Natural content.  Both companies are quite reputable. I think if you are looking @ the higher end and comparing apples to apples in terms of pricing than the GreenSleep quality is easily enough to sway me into their favour.  

I should mention though that I do sell beds and carry both of these brands.  I don't carry Carpe Diem but they are as I mentioned the mostly directly comparable bed out there, so if there is a dealer near you they may be worth looking at.  

Recent Posts